- STRANGE LOVE! Mira Rajput Once Threw Hubby Shahid Kapoor Out Of Their House
- Oscars 2018! Aamir Khan Says Sridevi Deserved The Oscars Mention
- Sridevi's Funeral: Rekha Started CRYING After Hugging Janhvi; Deepika Padukone Says Final Goodbye
- Sridevi's DEMISE! Vidya Balan Says My 'Inspiration Is No More'
- Aami Controversy: Here Is What Vidya Balan Has To Say!
- NASTY REMARK! When Shahid Kapoor Compared Kareena Kapoor To A BUFFALO; Took A Shocking Dig At Her
When the Vidya Balan starrer Kahaani became a huge hit, the South Indian film industry's answer to Kahaani came in the form of Anaamika in Telugu and Nee Enge En Anbe in Tamil starring Nayanthara in the lead role. Since the movie was released both in Tamil and Telugu, Nayanthara expected this movie to elevate her market in both the industries putting her in a league of her own. But since Kahaani was a story of success all over India, including the south, Anaamika or Nee Enge En Anbe in Tamil failed to taste success. Hence Nayanthara, who had previously thought Anaamika would fetch her the title 'Vidya Balan of South India', was left lurking in the ocean of disappointment.
But, the Raja Rani actress, known for her steel like determination was waiting for an opportunity to work in another woman centric film to showcase her talent to the fullest. But unfortunately, no director came forward with a script to her liking after the failure of Anaamika and hence Nayanthara was forced to act in the usual movies where the male lead gets to hog in the limelight.
Looking to break this stereotype, Nayanthara who has been approached by a number of first time directors, has expressed her interest to work in woman centric films especially with atleast two stunt sequences dedicated to her. " I am tired of doing the same old kind of roles for the past ten years, if you can come up with scripts as per my requests then I will give you the call sheet as per your wish" Nayan has said.
On hearing Nayanthara's demands, first time directors are getting back to their producers with an intention of changing the script as per the actress's requirement. But keeping in mind the shocking failure of Anaamika, the producers are facing a bitter dilemma and are struggling to find an answer for the actress in demand.