- Samuthirakani To Revive His Mentor K Balachander's Final Script
- Ilayathalapathy Vijay Contributes 15 Lakh Rupees And An Undisclosed Amount!
- Uttama Villain Movie Review: Kamal Haasan Is The Uttaman But Screenplay And Editing Are The Villains
- Prakash Raj's Top 10 Performances In Tamil!
- Rajinikanth's Director Ameerjan No More
- Holi Spl: Superstar Rajinikanth Gets The Biggest Gift Of His Life On This Auspicious Festival Day!
- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi: We Were Siblings But Were Made To Do Romantic Things
K Balachander's films will usually have some gripping and tense moments, but what's happening right now is cruel irony. The finest actor introduced by the legendary Balachander, Kamal Haasan is destined to miss his mentor's funeral.
Kamal Haasan who was working on his upcoming film Uttama Villain in the United States got to know about Balachander's demise last night and instantly made arrangements to get back to Chennai. However, it is said that his flight is expected to land late in the evening.
With the funeral ceremony already underway, Kamal Haasan will not be able to make it in time. Kamal however, will be meeting Balachander's family members later in the evening and will pay his respects to the unforgettable filmmaker as soon as he reaches his home town.
Kamal Haasan's relationship with the illustrious director goes back a long way. Apart from being launched by K Balachander, Kamal has worked in 24 films directed by 'Iyakunar Sigaram' which includes a couple of films that showcases Kamal Haasan as a child artiste.
Kamal is also Balachander's favourite actor. Once Rajinikanth famously said that Balachander would ask the Lingaa actor to observe Kamal Haasan's acting skills in his spare time in order to improve his own acting skills.
It is said that Balachander had also predicted that both Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth would make it big one day in Kollywood. Balachander has also acted in Kamal Haasan's upcoming film Uttama Villain. The venerable director had expressed his desire to watch Uttama Villain before his demise.
Also Read: Balachander Was My Father: Rajinikanth!