- Kochadaiiyaan Controversy: Supreme Court Pulls Up Latha Rajinikanth For Non-payment Of Dues
- Did Rajinikanth Donate 10 Crores Sans Publicity To Help Rain Affected Pregnant Women Of Tamil Nadu?
- OMG! Kochadaiiyaan Causes Problems For Lingaa!
- Rajinikanth To Start His Political Party?
- Look, Who Has Sung A Song In Rajinikanth's Kochadaiiyaan!
- Rajinikanth-Latha Celebrate 33rd Wedding Anniversary
After a series of plagiarism cases rocked Kollywood in the recent past, now a cheating case against Latha Rajinikanth has taken everybody by surprise in the vicinity. Murali Manohar has said in his complaint that he had entered into an agreement with Mrs. Rajinikanth to acquire the distribution rights of Kochadaiiyaan and had paid an impressive 10.2 crore rupees.
However, he later had discovered that he was allegedly cheated when the distribution rights was given to an unknown party for which he had already paid a hefty amount. The complainant has also seeked help from some top cops to deal with the case, according to reports.
When some top police officials were approached by the media, they have rubbished the allegations and have declared that no such complaints were received by them while other police source has revealed that it is true they have received such a complaint but cannot divulge any information as the investigations are still in its early stages.
It is to be noted that the production company of this motion capture film is already facing an entertainment tax fraud case and investigations are still on. Latha Rajinikanth apart from maintaining some monetary records, has also sung a song in the movie.
Kochadaiiyaan, which was directed by Rajinikanth's second daughter Soundarya R. Ashwin, was released on May 22, 2014 and received mixed reviews from fans as well as from critics. It was an average box office grosser and disappointed most Rajinikanth fans despite being considered as a path-breaking movie.