- Rajinikanth’s Kaala: Highlights Of The Audio Launch
- SemmaWeightu Song From Rajinikanth’s Kaala Released: This One’s For The Rap Lovers!
- Rajinikanth & Vijay Sethupathi To Share The Screen Space For The First Time!
- Unlike Aamir Khan, Salman Khan Is NOT Scared Of Rajinikanth; All You Need To Know About Their Clash!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Grabs A Mega Project Opposite These Two Superstars? Also Spotted At An Event
- Salman Khan Is Not Fake Like Others; Whatever He Says, He Does From The Heart - Prabhudeva
- Prabhudheva Reveals What's Common Between Salman Khan & Rajinikanth!
- Huma Qureshi: I Had To Give Auditions For Every Single Film I Did
- Superstar Rajinikanth Debuts On Facebook & Instagram!
- Mammootty Was Approached For The Rajinikanth Starrer Kaala!
- Kaala Teaser Is Out: Superstar Fans Are Sure To Have A Gala Time!
- HEART-WARMING! Sridevi Fasted For A Week When Rajinikanth Fell Seriously Ill In 2011
South film stars are known for having fancy pet names. The love and affection towards a star make people coin names that suit their favourite stars' personalities.
In most of the cases, stars would not find an alternative name on their own rather filmmakers and their followers come up with titles, which befit the image of the stars. Such names help actors to get closer and connect with audience.
Here, we have come up with a list of such names of the current Kollywood actors. Find it on the slideshow...
Superstar has become a synonym for Rajinikanth in South. He is also called by the name Thalaivar.
Kamal Hassan has been christened as Universal Star and Ulaga Nayagan by his followers.
Vikram got the name as Chiyaan from his blockbuster film Sethu, means a street-smart rogue.
Vijay is called as Illayathalapathy (trans-literal meaning: young commander).
Ajith Kumar got his name Thala (trans-literal meaning: a leader) from the movie Dheena.
Silambarasan has many pet names. While the industry call him by the name Simbu, his fans and filmmakers use alternative names like Little Superstar or Young Superstar . A few years ago, he requested people to address him as STR.
'Puratchi' (Revolutionary) and 'Thalapathy' (Commander) are two words often used by Tamil Nadu politicians to describe their leaders. In cinema, Vishal Krishna owns the name Puratchi Thalapathy.
Sathyaraj fans call him by the name Puratchi Tamilan.
For his love over action genre films, Arjun Sarja has got himself the name Action King in Kollywood.
Santhanam, who has won audience's hearts with his funny acts on-screen, is called by the name Comedy Superstar .
Vagai Puyal means the storm from the Vaigai River and his fans have bestowed the name on him.