- Huma Qureshi: I Had To Give Auditions For Every Single Film I Did
- Superstar Rajinikanth Debuts On Facebook & Instagram!
- Mammootty Was Approached For The Rajinikanth Starrer Kaala!
- Kaala Teaser Is Out: Superstar Fans Are Sure To Have A Gala Time!
- HEART-WARMING! Sridevi Fasted For A Week When Rajinikanth Fell Seriously Ill In 2011
- UNBELIEVABLE! Sridevi's Confession About Getting Paid More Than Rajinikanth For The Same Film
- Ranjith-Rajini Project: Is It Rajinikanth & Rajinikanth Or Rajinikanth & 'Attakathi' Dinesh?
Rajinikanth's Kochadaiiyaan, which was released on May 23 worldwide in multiple languages, has scored 50! The Tamil movie has completed its 50-day run at a few centres in the state on Friday (July 11).
Kochadaiiyaan is a photo-realistic motion capture movie made with the budget of Rs 125 crores. It hit the screens simultaneously in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi languages. While the response for the Kollywood version was good, the Bollywood and Tollywood versions garnered poor reception from audience.
The Tamil movie, like Rajinikanth's usual masala movies, could not create buzz in South India. It proved once again that animation movies have limited market. Nonetheless, all appreciated the attempt on the less traveled road in Kollywood.
KS Ravikumar's good screenplay became the biggest highlight of Kochadaiiyaan and the animation quality remained the drawback of the multilingual movie.
The movie featured Rajinikanth in triple roles with Deepika Padukone playing the main female lead role. Jackie Shroff, Shobana, Aadhi, Sarath Kumar, Rukmini Vijayakumar and others are among the cast. The movie directed by Soundarya Ashwin had AR Rahman's music and Rajeev Menon's cinematography.