TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Rajinikanth's Lingaa, which is being shot in Karnataka, has drawn protests from environmentalists, who have accused the film unit of polluting the Linganamakki dam. They have been raising voice against the movie for two weeks now and the issue has now landed at the Deputy Commissioner's office.
The environmentalists say that the Lingaa team is not taking precautions to safeguard the good atmosphere in and around the Linganamakki dam. Plastics and other wastages are being dumped and the workers are careless about the cleanliness. Thus, they want the shooting of the Tamil movie to be stopped immediately.
They have submitted a petition to the Deputy Commissioner and requested him to take the action immediately. The same team has now sent a petition to Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramiah too. The source from the sets say that halting the filming at this stage will affect the Lingaa team badly. The shooting plans will go haywire and the producer will lose a huge amount of money.
However, Lingaa team is confident of resolving the issue. Producer Rockline Venkatesh is likely to contact actor and Housing Minister Ambareesh, who is a close friend of Rajinikanth, if required any help. The latest schedule of the shooting started on August 14 in Theerthahalli, Shimoga district, Karnataka.