- Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film: Nawazuddin Joins The Cast; Simran To Play The Female Lead
- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
Rajinikanth's Lingaa seems to be on track. The Tamil movie, which has been shooting in Hyderabad, is making steady progress and the latest about the filming is that Sonakshi Sinha has left the team after wrapping up her portions.
Sonakshi Sinha revealed about the completion of her portions in Hyderabad on Twitter. She also claimed that she will be taking a few days break and join the shooting of her other project Tevar soon. She wrote, "Its a schedule wrap for Lingaa in Hyderabad today, home for a few days then I have to show my Tevar again. @arjunk26 baba be ready."
Sonakshi Sinha, who was supposed to make her debut in Tamil with Kamal Hassan's Vishwaroopam, is entering Kollywood with Lingaa. She will be playing one of the female leads in the Tamil movie. The other female lead is Anushka Shetty, who is yet to join the shoots.
Lingaa marks the return of Rajinikanth to his favourite genre of mass-masala entertainer. His last two films Endhiran and Kochadaiiyaan did not belong to regular-genre movies even though the former was more or less a complete entertainer.
The forthcoming movie is directed by KS Ravikumar, who has given a couple of superhit movies to Rajinikanth in the past. Lingaa is produced by Rockline Venkatesh.