- Kabali Fever Grips Kerala: 6 Rajinikanth Movies From The Past That Took Kerala Box Office By Storm!
- Rockline Venkatesh Chooses Dhanush's Movies To Remake In Kannada!
- NOT AGAIN: Rajinikanth Summoned By Madurai Court
- SHOCKER: MCA Graduate Pulls Ilayathalapathy Vijay, AR Murugadoss To Court
- Producers' Council Wants To Stop The Release Of Tamil Films But Vishal Says Paayum Puli Will Pounce
- CONFIRMED: Rudhramadevi And Puli To Be Dubbed In Kannada!
- Huma Qureshi: I Had To Give Auditions For Every Single Film I Did
Earlier we had informed that a filmmaker named Ravi Rathinam from Madurai had filed a case against Lingaa and its team claiming that Lingaa's story was actually stolen from him and that the film must not be released. The latest news on the issue is that Rajinikanth himself has filed a complaint against Ravi Rathinam alleging that his claims are baseless.
In his submissions to the High Court, Rajinikanth has said that the plaintiff has mentioned him as the distributor of Lingaa in various districts such as Madurai, Ramanathapuram, Virudhunagar and Chengalpattu which is wrong. "I've only acted in Lingaa", Superstar has confirmed.
Rajinikanth has also said that the case against Lingaa is to damage his reputation as an actor and to gain cheap publicity. He has pointed out, "If the petitioner had considered me as one of the distributor of the film, then why did he leave out other distributors who are to release the film in other districts? A clear intention to bring my status down is displayed here", the Enthiran actor has said.
Also in his submissions, Rajinikanth has mentioned that the petitioner's imagination skills is visible here as he has claimed Lingaa is a rip-off of his story even before the release of the movie, "Lingaa is a sincere effort by our team to produce a quality movie, millions of fans across the globe are eagerly waiting for the release of this movie and there shouldn't be any problems when the movie hits the screens" Superstar has added.
It is to be noted that Lingaa's director KS Ravikumar and the producer Rockline Venkatesh too have filed seperate petitions against Ravi Rathinam claiming that Ravi Rathinam's allegations are false.