- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
There aren't lot of movies in which Rajinikanth has done a cameo role after attaining Superstar status. After making a special appearance in Sharukh Khan's Ra.one, looks like the Lingaa star is all set to play a cameo in an upcoming movie titled Uyire Uyire.
Uyire Uyire is being directed by A Rajasekhar and is produced by veteran yesteryear actress Jaya Prada. The film features Jaya Prada's son Siddhu and Hansika Motwani in lead roles. The movie which is currently in post production mode is a remake of Vikram Kumar's 2012 Telugu film Ishq.
It is said that Jaya Prada, the actress turned politician requested Rajinikanth to make a special appearance in the movie for which our Superstar has agreed open-handedly. It is also to be noted that Rajinikanth had earlier taken initiative to attach Uyire Uyire's trailer with his movie Lingaa so that the trailer could be viewed by many movie buffs.
Uyire Uyire will have its music composed by Anoop Rubens while famed cinematographer RD Rajasekhar will wield the camera. The film is edited by Suraj Kavi and is expected to hit theatres early next year.
Meanwhile, Rajinikanth's upcoming film is touted to be a quickie as well. Though the director and other technicians are not finalized, sources close to Rajinikanth have said that the Enthiran actor will most probably sign a relatively low budget quickie.
Also Read: Top 10 Biggest Flops Of Rajinikanth