- Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film: Nawazuddin Joins The Cast; Simran To Play The Female Lead
- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
There are many speculations about Rajinikanth's next movie after Lingaa. A few days ago, reports were doing rounds about the possibility of Rajinikanth's inclusion in director Shankar's next movie which is said to be a sequel to his 2010 blockbuster Enthiran. Now according to some sources, Rajinikanth's next movie might be a remake of a 1972 Kannada film Bangaarada Manushya which had yesteryear Kannada Superstar late Dr. RajKumar.
We all know that the Tamil Superstar was once working as a bus conductor in Bangalore. In his early days as a conductor, Rajinikanth, it seems was watching a lot of Kannada movies. One such movie that allegedly impressed Rajinikanth a lot was Dr. RajKumar's Bangaarada Manushya. Rajinikanth had then dreamt of essaying Dr. RajKumar's role and is all set to turn his wish into a reality, according to sources.
According to Rajinikanth's bosom friend Raj Bahadur, the film was supposed to go on floors before Lingaa but since the Superstar had given his dates to act in Lingaa he couldn't start his alleged dream project. It is also being said that K.S. Ravikumar, who is currently directing Lingaa will direct this remake film as well.
A lot of news about Rajinikanth's upcoming movies have come out in the past including a film based on his friendship with Raj Bahadur. But none of those claims have taken shape till now. Is the latest news about the South Indian Superstar one such claim? Or is this more than just a rumour given the Enthiran actor's connection with Bangalore and his love for Kannada movies? Well, the exact answer to such questions remain a mystery as of now. But one could also say that it is very unlikely for Rajinikanth to remake a 1972 classic given his star value at present.