- Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film: Nawazuddin Joins The Cast; Simran To Play The Female Lead
- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
There are reports that suggest that Rajinikanth will be seen in dual roles in Lingaa. One character will be seen in the pre-Independence era and the other role will be of a district collector in the present times.
"Rajinikanth sir is playing double roles in the film. He plays a district collector in the present day of the story, while he will be seen in a different role in the flashback sequence. The makers have kept it a secret," said a source from the film's unit to the Times of India.
Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha is playing a female lead role, who is probably romancing Rajinikanth's role of district collector. British actress Lauren J Irwin will be pairing up with the superstar in his pre-Independence character. Anushka Shetty is playing the other female lead in the Tamil flick.
Lingaa is directed by KS Ravikumar and produced by leading Kannada producer Rockline Venkatesh. Vadivelu, Santhanam, Telugu star Jagapathi Babu, Karunakaran, Dev Gill, Radha Ravi, R Sundararajn, Manobala and others are in the cast.
Oscar Award winner AR Rahman has composed the music for Lingaa and R Rathnavelu has handled the camera.