- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Kabali Fever Grips Kerala: 6 Rajinikanth Movies From The Past That Took Kerala Box Office By Storm!
- Rockline Venkatesh Chooses Dhanush's Movies To Remake In Kannada!
- NOT AGAIN: Rajinikanth Summoned By Madurai Court
- SHOCKER: MCA Graduate Pulls Ilayathalapathy Vijay, AR Murugadoss To Court
- Producers' Council Wants To Stop The Release Of Tamil Films But Vishal Says Paayum Puli Will Pounce
Lingaa director KS Ravikumar's association with Ramesh Khanna is well known. Apart from contributing as an actor, Ramesh Khanna has also worked as a co-writer in many KS Ravikumar movies including the recently released Rajinikanth's film Lingaa.
Knowing KS Ravikumar, who always casts his close associates in the movie he directs, he was asked why Ramesh Khanna was not offered a role to play in Lingaa? The Padayappa director surprised everyone by saying he did actually offered a role for him only to be turned down by the director-actor-writer.
He also added that Ramesh Khanna was keen on playing a particular role in the movie but he was unable to offer him that role. "I offered him a couple of other roles but he was very keen on playing a particular role which I thought wouldn't suit him. He had the leverage to demand for that particular role so I did not take it in a bad way, at the same time I was in a position where I couldn't have offered that role to him" said the director.
While many actors express their willingness to act in a Rajinikanth starrer irrespective of the role offered to them, it is indeed surprising to learn that Ramesh Khanna has turned down the role that was offered to him in Lingaa. Also it makes us wonder what role did Ramesh Khanna ask for that KS Ravikumar just couldn't offer him despite having known about his acting abilities.
Also Read: 10 Best Scenes From Rajinikanth's Lingaa!