- Sundar C Aranmanai Strong At Box Office
- How Anjaan Performed At International Box Office In First Weekend?
- Anjaan Box Office Collections: Reaches Rs.40 Crore Mark
- Anjaan 3 Days (First Weekend) Collections At Box Office
- Anjaan First Day Collections At Box Office (International & Domestic)
- Can Surya Score His First Century With Anjaan At Box Office?
- Anjaan To Crown Surya As The New Box Office King!
- Anjaan To Beat Ajith's Veeram, Vijay's Jilla Records At Box Office
- Kick Collection Is Lesser Than Velaiyilla Pattathari At Malaysian Box Office
- How Jigarthanda-Velaiyilla Pattathari Fared At International Box Office?
- Jigarthanda First Weekend Collections; Fails To Beat Velaiyilla Pattathari At Box Office
- Jigarthanda-Sarabham First Day Collections At Box Office
His Kick had earned Rs.30 lakhs (Nett) from Tamil Nadu Box Office on the opening day. The hype around the movie guaranteed a great opening for the flick. On the second and third day, it has managed to cross Rs.25 lakhs each.
Kick is expected to reach the Rs.1-crore mark on Monday (July 28). Kick was released in 65 screens in the state and has got a never-before response at collection centres. None of his films had achieved this milestone in Tamil Nadu in just five days. We have to note that the movie has crossed Rs.70 crores in three days in India.
It was said that Salman Khan did not enjoy a good market in Tamil Nadu. But his Dabangg broke the myth and made decent collections at Tamil Nadu Box Office, which was never considered to be a good market for Hindi films until a few years ago. Following the success of this flick, his Ek Tha Tiger got a massive response in the state. His films used to release around 15-20 screens and screens were doubled for this flick. It was released around 50 screens of which 20 screens were in Chennai.
However, his Jai Ho, which was released in around 40 screens, could not live up to expectations. While Ek Tha Tiger had made more than Rs. 1.20 crores in this part of the world, Jai Ho struggled to cross 75 lakhs. Continue reading the Box Office report on the slideshow...
However, his Kick managed to create a good pre-talk in the state. As a result, the distribution rights of the movie was purchased by SPI Cinemas (Sathyam Cinemas) for a good price.
Kick Releasing In Big Way
SPI Cinemas, understanding the craze around the movie, released it in a big way in Tamil Nadu. Their decision has worked out well as Kick has got great opening in the state.
Biggest Ever Release
It is a biggest-ever release of Salman Khan in Tamil Nadu. His earlier record was 50 with his Ek Tha Tiger.
The advance booking for the first weekend has good response and there was a clear indication of Kick setting a new record at TN Box Office.
Distributor Pinned High Hopes
The first weekend collections are expected to rock at Box Office and the distributor is hoping to make the most out of it.
The big advantage for Kick is that new-release Thirumanam Enum Nikkah has failed to get good response. Hence, the Tamil film is not giving any competition.
But Dhanush's successfully-running Velaiyilla Pattathari will give fight to Kick to some extent. The Tamil film has completed its one week on Thursday (July 18).