TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High
The makers of Kaththi are getting favourable response from Tamil leaders despite fringe groups calling for a ban on the movie. The latest person to support the Tamil movie is none other than activist and Tamil film personality Seeman.
There are some groups in the state, which has demanded a ban on Kaththi. They believe that Lyca Mobiles' boss Subaskaran Allirajah, who is producing the Tamil movie, has close business links with Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
The people of the state are angry over Rajapaksa's alleged role in human rights violations against Tamil civilians during the war against the LTTE in the island nation. Hence, the protests are being held by several groups accusing the Kaththi makers of having links with the Sri Lankan President.
When the protests started gaining momentum, AR Murugadoss and the producer decided to meet Tamil leaders to clarify on the issue. They have successfully convinced Nedumaran and Thirumavalan. Now, Seeman's given a big boost for Kaththi.
And also, the news of Seeman teaming up with Lyca Productions for a movie has strengthen Kaththi makers' clarification on their links with Rajapaksa.