- Varun Dhawan's Wish List: Actor Says He Wants To Work With Shankar & SS Rajamouli!
- Dil Raju Backs Out Of Bharateeyudu
- Oh No! 2.O’s Release Pushed To April 13?
- IN PICS! 2.O’s Audio Extravaganza!
- Pictures! Superstar Rajinikanth Heads To Dubai For 2.0 Audio Launch!
- 2.O Audio Launch: Some Jaw-dropping Updates!
- When Chiranjeevi Wanted To Work With Shankar And Rajamouli!
- Good News! Shankar & Kamal Haasan To Collaborate Again
- GST Effect: Shankar's Plea To Save Tamil Cinema
- Rajinikanth’s 2.O Audio Launch To Be Held Here!
- Will Shankar’s 2.O Give Him The Much Needed Hit?
- Director Shankar To Bring Vikram & Vijay Together
After praising Dhanush's Velaiyilla Pattathari, director Shankar has now appreciated Siddharth's film Jigarthanda. The ace filmmaker saw the movie on Saturday (August 2) and had good words about the latest Tamil flick.
The makers of Jigarthanda had organised a special screening of the movie to director Shankar. The director reportedly enjoyed the movie and patted the director on his back for his well-written screenplay and direction. He also praised Siddharth and other actors for their brilliant performances.
On Twitter page, Shankar wrote, "Jigardhanda superb,unpredictable,humorously thrilling,new xperience,xellent performance by all,well written Kalakkal Subbaraj." A few days ago, he had heaped praises on Velaiyilla Pattathari and wrote, "Saw VIP, lively movie njoyd evry bit. Dhanushநச்perfrmnce Anirudhமுறுக்music Vel done Velraj. Fully satsfyng movie 4 audnce aftr a long time."
Jigarthanda is a gangster-thriller starring Siddharth, Lakshmi Menon and Bobby Simha in the lead roles. The story revolves around three main characters played by them. Apart from the brilliant narration, the film boosts of good background music composed by Santhosh Narayanan, Gavemic U Ary's cinematography and Vivek Harshan's editing.
The Tamil movie, which has done good business at the Box Office in the first weekend, has garnered positive reviews in large from critics and audience. You can read what leading reviews have to say about the movie on the slideshow...
Oneindia Review: Jigarthanda is an out-of-the-box attempt and it should not be missed by Tamil cine-goers.
Sify Review: Jigarthanda is still a good appetising drink, that you can sip on.
Times Of India Review
TOI Review: Given that Jigarthanda was the first script that Karthik Subbaraj had written before he 'compromised' and made Pizza (the applause that his name generates during the title credits show how influential this young director has become), he should know how a good filmmaker can exploit a compromise.
Rediff: Jigarthanda is an engrossing gangster film with a series of bizarre twists and turns that keeps you guessing.
Behindwoods Review: A raw, gritty & imaginative crowd-pleaser.