- CHECK OUT: Dhanush’s VIP 2 Teaser Is Here!
- Sameer Thahir Joins Dhanush's VIP 2!
- Pranav Mohanlal Turns Down Soundarya Rajinikanth Project!
- Pranav Mohanlal In Soundarya Rajinikanth-Dhanush Movie?
- SHOCKER: Soundarya Rajinikanth & Ashwin Decide To Part Ways?
- Soundarya Rajinikanth Blessed With A Baby Boy, Rajinikanth Gets His Third Grandson!
Director Soundarya Rajinikanth's Kochadaiiyaan may have been written off over the quality of the movie by a section of audience but it seems to have inspired Kamal Hassan to revive Marudhanayagam, which has been in the cold storage for more than a decade.
Kamal Hassan's ambitious Marudhanayagam was dropped after shooting 25% of the movie. It was shelved for multiple reasons. Lack of budget and experts on VFX in India had made the Universal Star to put the project on a back burner.
The good news is that Kamal Hassan has now decided to revive Marudhanayagam and the project might re-start next year. Sources say that it is Soundarya Rajinikanth's path-breaking attempt Kochadaiiyaan made the actor revive it.
Kamal Hassan, after watching Kochadaiiyaan, had praised Soundarya for taking Tamil films to next level. Her daring attempt on making the movie using motion capture technology had impressed him. This also boosted him to take up the long-delayed Marudhanayagam.
Currently, Kamal Hassan is busy with Uthama Villain and Vishwaroopam 2. After the completion of these movies, he is expected to take Marudhanayagam.