- Soorma Wednesday Box Office Collection: The Sports Biopic Is Rock-Steady At The Box Office!
- Mulk: Anubhav Sinha Gives A Fitting Reply To The Trolls In An Open Letter!
- Soorma First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection: Film Mints A Total Of Rs 13.85 Crores!
- Soorma Second Day (Saturday) Box Office Collection: This Diljit Dosanjh Film Picks Up Business!
- Soorma First Day (Friday) Box Office Collection: Diljit Dosanjh Starrer Collects Rs. 3.75 Crores!
- Soorma Movie Review: Dilijit Dosanjh Drag Flicks A Solid Performance & Wins Your Heart!
- Soorma Box Office Prediction: Will This Diljit Dosanjh-Taapsee Pannu Film Strike Gold At Box Office?
- EXCLUSIVE! Taapsee Pannu Opens Up About Pay Parity, Getting Replaced In Films & Much More
- Mulk: Disturbing To See Muslims Being Targeted; This Was A Big Reason For Me To Do The Film: Taapsee
- Diljit Dosanjh: Hockey Should Be Given Its Due Credit & Be Considered As India's National Sport!
- Soorma Trailer: Diljit Dosanjh Brings The Inspiring Story Of Hockey Player Sandeep Singh To Life!
- Taapsee Pannu Reveals Why Actresses Don't Speak Up On Sexual Harassment!
Actor Taapsee Pannu was named as the new brand ambassador of Chennai Turns Pink, an NGO division of West Cancer Research Foundation.
The event was held at SRM Institute for Medical Science (SIMS), Vadapalani on World Cancer Survivors day to create breast cancer awareness among women. Speaking at the occasion, Taapsee said she was honoured to be associated with this initiative. "Breast cancer awareness by Chennai Turns Pink is an effort to raise awareness and detect breast cancer through educating people on symptoms and signs of the disease. We hope that greater knowledge will lead to earlier detection of breast cancer, which is associated with higher long-term survival rates," she said.
Dr Raja Sundaram, director, Oncology Services, SRM Institute for Medical Science, said, "We are happy to partner with Chennai Turns Pink for this noble cause and I am sure these initiatives will go a long way in creating awareness and help improve the quality of life of women in the community. It is alarming that one in eight urban women is being diagnosed with breast cancer. Advance treatments and early detection are important for better treatment outcome." Continue reading the story on the slideshow and see the pics of the event...
Anand Kumar, founder, West Cancer Research Foundation, and president Chennai Turns Pink, said, "We have been involved in spreading awareness about cancer from 2003."
Pink Warrior Training
He added, "Since 2010, we started focusing on breast cancer with an alarming increase of the cases reported. In an effort to increase awareness about early detection and effective treatment, we conduct pink warrior training programmess in various colleges and corporates."
SRM Institute for Medical Science is the official healthcare partner for this cause.
Taapsee, Busy Bee
Meanwhile, Taapsee Pannu is busy with multiple movies in different film industries.
Muni 3: Ganga and Vai Raja Vai are her forthcoming Tamil films and Runningshaadi.com is her only Hindi movie.