- Rajinikanth To Team Up With AR Murugadoss For An Upcoming Movie?
- Kaala Box Office Collection Report: Registers a Strong Opening In Malaysia!
- Kaala Box Office Update: The Rajinikanth Starrer Becomes Third Highest Grossing Tamil Film In The US
- Kaala Box Office Collection: What Was The Day 1 Collections Of The Movie In Kerala?
- Actress Easwari Rao Initially Thought She Would Play Rajinikanth's Mother In Kaala
- Kaala Actress Easwari Rao Has Acted In A Malayalam Film As Well!
- Kaala Worldwide Box Office Update: Rajinikanth's Film Fails To Live Up To Expectations
- Kaala Day 4 Collections: Rajinikanth's Film Has An Awesome Weekend At The Chennai BO
- Kaala Box Office: A Steady First Weekend For The Rajinikanth Starrer!
- Mahindra Procures Kaala Fame Thar To Exhibit In Their Museum
- Kaala Box Office Collection: Races To The 100-Crore Club!
- Kaala Day 3 Collections: The Rajinikanth Starrer Continues To Rule The Chennai Box Office
Kollywood has grown by leaps and bounds in terms of business. Over the years, the market has been established and our Tamil films have made inroads in other states like Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala. It also generated good revenue in countries like UK, Malaysia etc.
Films of Rajinikanth, Vijay, Surya and many others get good opening in many parts of Southern India. Hence, their remuneration or salary too have increased. Today, the stars draw fat paycheques. Here, we bring you the list of Tamil actors' remuneration as in 2014 or the highest paid actors in Kollywood. Find it on the slideshow...
Rajinikanth is the highest paid actor in Tamil films. Though nobody is clear about the salary he gets per movie, industry insider say that the Tamil superstar gets Rs 30 crores for a multilingual movie. If it is only a straight Tamil movie, he would be getting somewhere between 20-25 crores.
There is not much difference in what Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan get. The Unviersal Star too get above Rs 25 crores for a movie. He earns additional shares in movie if he takes responsibility of direction and writing departments.
Vijay's graph is on a steady rise since 2010. His back-to-back hits in the form of Velayudham, Nanban and Thuppakki have helped him demand huge remuneration. He gets 18-20 crores per movie.
Surya is one actor, whose salary has seen a steady rise. Thanks to his choice of films, the Ghajini actor gets a wonderful package. He gets around 18 crores along with Telugu rights, which could add another five crores to his overall income per movie.
Ajith Kumar, the King of Box Office, commands a fat paycheque. The actor's remuneration is somewhere between Rs 18-20 crores.
Vikram may be part of a few flop movies in the recent years but he has continued to maintain good market. He has got Rs 12 crore for his forthcoming movie. We have to note that his films does well in Andhra Pradesh.
Karthi's movies were in huge demand till 2012 in Tamil and Telugu films. But his series of flops have not helped the cause. He used to draw around 8-10 crores movie along with the Telugu distribution rights. Hence, he salary has not been changed from two years.
Dhanush, who is known getting popularity in Bollywood too, earns around Rs 8 crore per movie. He gets in eight digits in Bollywood.
Simbu has not lived up to audience expectations in the years. The actor reportedly earns around Rs 8 crores per movie.
Arya has emerged as a bankable actor in Kollywood. After being part of a few successful movies, he now charges 4-5 crores.
Vishal is also on the same league of Arya and he gets Rs 4-5 crores per movie.
Jeeva has been part of a few moderate hits. He is still creating his own fan base. Currently, he gets Rs 3 crore per movie.