- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
- Kaala Box Office: Is The Rajinikanth Starrer A Hit Or A Flop?
- Kaala Box Office Collections: The Film Crosses Another Milestone!
- Rajinikanth To Team Up With AR Murugadoss For An Upcoming Movie?
- Kaala Box Office Collection Report: Registers a Strong Opening In Malaysia!
- Kaala Box Office Update: The Rajinikanth Starrer Becomes Third Highest Grossing Tamil Film In The US
- Kaala Box Office Collection: What Was The Day 1 Collections Of The Movie In Kerala?
Vesthi is the traditional cloth of Tamil Nadu. Yet entry into certain places in dhotis were denied! Now, the state government has passed a bill to protect the attire and it will make people to proudly wear it anywhere in the state.
An incident over the denial of entry into Tamil Nadu Cricket Association Club to two people at Chepauk in Chennai last month raised a debate in the assembly. The result is that the state government has introduced the bill to remove the ban on wearing veshti in public places, recreational clubs, associations, trusts, companies etc.
This bill clearly tells us how people are sentimentally connected to the dhoti and traditional wears in this part of the world. It also gives an indication of the respect that it gets from political class and the citizens.
The same respect for dhoti could be seen in Tamil films too. The Kollywood has always shown wearing dhoti is a proud act and our stars have donned it with dignity. All most all the actors have sported veshti in one or the other occasion and popularised the dress. Here, we have chosen pictures of selected stars wearing our traditional attire. Follow the slideshow to see it...
Rajinikanth has sported dhotis in his films and in public events. From the last few decades, he has appeared in vesthi in innumberable of films. This picture is taken on his 61st birthday outside his residence.
Kamal Hassan too has appeared in dhotis in many movies. Indian, Nayagan and Thevar Magan are some of his popular films where he donned the traditional clothes.
Vijay in dhoti has impressed his fans in his hit film Azhagiya Tamil Magan.
Ajith Kumar's Veeram showed him in traditional avatar and his look was a big hit in the film.
Senior actor Sathyaraj was seen in Bollywood superhit movie Chennai Express. He did the role of a local don and he wore vesthi in the Hindi flick.
Dhanush with his team members had appeared in dhoti for an event of his movie 3. He has also donned dhoti in films.
Arya was seen in vesthi in Tamil flick Oru Kal Oru Kannadi.
Simbu with international singer Akon in our traditional attires.
Karthi's traditional look in Saguni.
Vikram, the man, who loves to appear in different looks, in seen in white shirt and vesthi.