- From Sivaji Ganesan To Arya: Popular Tamil Actors Who Acted In Malayalam Films!
- Ramesh Aravind's Next Gets Kamal Haasan's Movie Title; 'Pushpaka Vimana'
- Is Kamal Haasan Acting In Shivarajkumar-Sudeep's Kali?
- SHOCKING! Balachandra Menon Thrashes Kamal Hassan, Calls Him Insane!
- Jeethu Joseph Unhappy About Drishyam Hindi Remake!
- FRESH NEWS: Shivarajkumar Invites Rajinikanth, Kamal Hassan & Dhanush For Daughter's Wedding!
- After Uttama Villain, What Is Ramesh Aravind Upto?
- Mohanlal Suggested My Name: Kamal Hassan
- 62nd Britannia Filmfare Awards South: Malayalam Winners List
- 'Iyakunar Sigaram' K Balachander Passes Away
- Kamal Hassan Hospitalised; Nothing To Worry!
- Kalidas Jayaram To Debut In Lead Role
A spate of Tamil heroes have turned producers in for several reasons. While some did so to distribute their films, others decided to back creative films and introduce fresh talent. Here, we bring you the list of the Kollywood actors, who are presently balancing their career between acting and producing movies.
When the creative freedom started curtailing by his producers, Kamal Hassan decided to produce his own films. Raja Paarvai was his first film as producer. The actor presently makes the films on the banner Raj Kamal Films International.
With 2013 Tamil blockbuster Singam 2, Surya turned producer. He floated a new production house called 2D Entertainment, named after his children Dev and Diya. He distributed Singam 2 under his home banner and is now keen to back low-budget offbeat films. He had earlier said that doors of his production house will be open for young filmmakers with interesting stories.
After co-producing his wife Aishwarya's directorial debut 3, Dhanush produced Tamil superhit Ethir Neechal with Sivakarthikeyan last year under his home banner Wunderbar Films. Following its overwhelming success, Dhanush has now teamed with the film's same team to produce another film called Taana. He's also producing a Tamil children's film called Kaaka Muttai.
When Vishal's 2012 Tamil film Madha Gaja Raja got embroiled in a financial hassle and its release was stalled, he decided to start his own production to ensure none of his films meet the same fate again. Starting Vishal Film Factory, he produced Tamil thriller Pandiya Naadu, which turned out to be a superhit. Since then, he has been smartly involved in collaborative production of most of his films. Under his home banner, he also co-produced Naan Sigappu Manithan and upcoming Poojai.
While Arya distributed his 2010 Tamil hit Boss Engira Bhaskaran, his first film as producer is upcoming romantic-drama Amarakaaviyam. Arya also is relaunching his brother Sathya, who had a disastrous cinematic debut last year with the film Puthagama, through Amarakaaviyam directed by Arya's best friend Jeeva Shankar.
Comedian Santhanam recently turned hero with Tamil comedy Vallavanuku Pullum Aayudham. He co-produced the film, which is running successfully in cinemas, with PVP Cinema, as he couldn't find a producer to back a film featuring him in a lead role. He distributed the film under his home banner Handmade Films.