- Vijay To Work With Director Ameer After Wrapping Up Thalapathy 62?
- Best Of 2017 Results: It's Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal All The Way!
- Thalapathy 62: AR Murugadoss Drops A Hint About The Vijay Movie!
- Mohan Raja On A Success Streak; Might Join Hands With This Star Actor!
- BEST OF 2017: Pick Your Choice For The Best Tamil Actor Of The Year!
- Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal Enters All-time Biggest Hits List!
- Aruvi Producer Apologises To Thalapathy Vijay Fans!
- Will Vijay, Ajith And Suriya Battle At The Box Office?
- Mersal Emerges As One Among The Top Grossing Movies At The Kerala Box Office In 2017!
- Mersal Box Office: The Vijay Starrer Enters The 250-Crore Club!
- THALAPATHY RULES! Vijay Movies That Joined The Prestigious 100-Crore Club!
- Mersal Box Office: Thalapathy Vijay Starrer Is Cruising Ahead
A year into the Thalaivaa ban episode and Vijay's relationship with Chief Minister Jayalalitha appears to be back on track. It was during the same time last year his much-hyped movie was banned in the state without giving a proper reason. The state government had denied its any role in the episode but the theater owners, who had refused to screen the movie in the state, admitted in secrecy that there were external forces behind the ban on the Tamil flick.
The Illayathalapathy, who was quite upset with the government for not helping him during the tough times, was made the scape goat in the entire episode. Political and film industry observers had felt that Vijay paid the price for having on and off close proximity with certain political parties. First, he had good links with the DMK but when it soared and he started facing troubles from them, he shifted his loyalty to the AIADMK.
Vijay had campaigned for the AIADMK during the last assembly elections. Post elections, his relationship with the party strained for some reasons and it possibly back fired for Thalaivaa. Coincidentally, the actor has made his first move to woo the Chief Minister exactly after an year. Thalaivaa was supposed to release on August 8, 2013.
Vijay, a few days ago, attended the protest against the Sri Lankan government for publishing an offending article about Chief Minister Jayalalitha. In the meet, he said that he felt as if his mother has been insulted.
Vijay Supports Amma
He condemned the insensitive article published on the Sri Lanka's defence ministry website and said that it was an insult to J Jayalalitha. His words were welcomed by the audience, who were present at the event.
Political observers say that by participating in the protest, Vijay has made his first move to resolve his differences with the AIADMK. There are also people, who thinks that the actor took part to avoid any troubles for his forthcoming movie Kaththi.
This gesture of Vijay has gone well with a section of AIADMK men and now they are thinking of sorting out the differences.
We have to note that at the same stage he buried the hatchet with producer Keyyar, who has not been in good terms with the actor's family.