- ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon...Ek Baar Phir’ Director Waseem Sabir Dead; TV Actors Shocked!
- WATCH: Full Movies Of Rajinikanth's Veera And Kamal Haasan's Guru On FilmiBeat!
- Rajathandhiram Movie Review: A Sleek Heist Thriller Breaking All Stereotypes!
- Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera: November 28th Written Episode
- Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera: November 27th Written Episode
- Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera: November 25th Written Episode
Upcoming Tamil film 1 Pandhu 4 Run 1 Wicket, which has an interesting title is a cricket-based horror film, according to its director Veera. He has also said that he has taken extra care to avoid all possible cliché looking scenes related to the genre.
"All horror stories are usually about revenge, and are filled with lot of violence. My film is a silent horror comedy woven around a cricket match. It's silent because there's no unnecessary screaming and sounds. I've avoided all the cliches of the horror genre," he said.
When being questioned about the concept of including cricket in a horror story, he said, "I'm a big fan of cricket, which is the most viewed sport in our country. I wanted to do a cricket-based film, but then I realized it's already been done. So I've experimented with this idea."
The story revolves around a diehard fan of cricket who goes to watch a game between India and Pakistan. The turn of events that takes place when the last ball gets delivered becomes very crucial from the story's perspective. The director has also said that it was very challenging for him to write the screenplay.
"Horror and comedy are not easy to pull off together. It's very important to strike a balance. You need to know when to give the audience a jolt and when to make them laugh. If you overdo it, it will backfire," he said.
"Hashika has a very prominent role, while Vinai just plays the supporting character. It's a heroine-centric film where audiences will root for her in the end," he added before signing off.