TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Temple Row: Hindu Aikya Vedi Leader KP Sasikala Reaches The Hilltop Shrine
- How To Send Large Files Via Email
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Lux Golden Rose Awards: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Looks Like A Bombshell
- Meet Lulu Hashimoto, The “Living Doll” Fashion Model
- Rupee Loses Ground After Opening Flat
- Travel Guide To Abhaneri – The City Of Brightness
- "The Indian Team Is Ready To Leave Their Mark In Australia", Says Rohit Sharma
Vadivelu has got moral support from a senior filmmaker during the hour of crisis. His Thenaliraman has landed in a controversy over the content, which has come under the scanner of Telugu-speaking people. Now, Bharathiraja has come forward support the actor and his film and has slammed some fringe groups for doing politically motivated drives.
The Telugu groups have opposed the release of Thenaliraman accusing that it has projected Sri Krishnadevaraya in a bad taste. Though the makers of the film have clarified that it is a fictional story and it has nothing to do with the South Indian king, some groups have continued to protest and asked the makers of the film to have a special screening for them.
Condeming such protests, Bharathiraja, in a five-page letter, has strongly criticised such development and has said that entertaining such groups will lead to the downfall of Kollywood. He has claimed that if a movie is cleared by censor board, there is no point in asking for a ban or demanding for a special screening.
Vadivelu's Thenaliraman has been cleared by censor board with 'U' certificate. Bharathiraja has asked Tamil people to stand up and support Vadivelu. He has urged people not to support such fringe groups.