- Rajinikanth’s Kaala: Highlights Of The Audio Launch
- Dhanush To Start Shooting Maari 2 Soon!
- BEST OF 2017: Pick Your Choice For The Best Tamil Actor Of The Year!
- Simbu's Maniratnam Project Set To Begin Soon!
- Dhanush Turns Director Yet Again!
- Dhanush & Simbu’s Emotional Speeches At Sakka Podu Podu Raja Audio Launch!
- Dhanush Has His Hands Full: The 7 Upcoming Movies Of The Actor!
- Tamil Movies That Are Commercial Failures Yet Fan Favourites
- Tharangam Movie Review: A Unique Comical Thriller!
- HE IS GOING Places! Tovino Thomas Roped In For A Big Project!
- CONFIRMED! Tovino Thomas's Tharangam To Hit The Theatres On This Date!
- Meet Tovino Thomas's Character From Tharangam!
Dhanush has done the magic at Box Office after a few years. The Aadukalam actor seems to have returned to his form with his latest movie Velaiyilla Pattathari (Velai Illa Pattadhaari), which has opened up to flying start at collection centres. Well, the Tamil flick has earned Rs. 13 crores in the three days.
Velaiyilla Pattathari was released with mammoth expectations on July 18. As the Tamil movie marks the landmark 25 movie of Dhanush, audience had high expectations from the flick. Well, despite getting mixed reviews, it has won the hearts of the audience. In the opening week, the Tamil movie has made Rs.13 crores in Tamil Nadu alone and running successfully all over.
Day Wise Break Up
On the first day, Velaiyilla Pattathari got remarkable response from audience. It witnessed almost cent percent occupancy in Chennai and an average of 85% occupancy in Tamil Nadu. As a result, the Tamil movie, which was released in close to 350 screens, collected Rs.4.36 (nett.) on the release day. The gross collection is said to be Rs.5.25 crores.
Traders were expecting a slow down in collections of Velaiyilla Pattathari after the movie got mixed reviews on the second day. While some felt that the Tamil flick was good, others was not impressed by the content.
Mixed Reviews Hardly Matter
But it hardly mattered for the regular cine-goers as the Dhanush's movie raked in Rs. 4.25 crores. The interesting part of the story is that Velaiyilla Pattathari has managed to pull audience of all sections.
Third Day Response
On the third day, the response for Velaiyilla Pattathari was fantastic and it managed to cross the 85-percent occupancy once again on Sunday.
Ended Weekend On A High
Velaiyilla Pattathari earned Rs.4.45 crores on Sunday and ended the week by making handsome Rs.13 crores at Box Office.
What has come as a big advantage is the fact that Velaiyilla Pattathari is eligible for the 30% entertainment tax exemption for bagging clean 'U' certificate from the Censor Board.
Velaiyilla Pattathari In Foreign
Meanwhile, Velaiyilla Pattathari has done amazing business in many foreign countries like the US, UK and Malaysia.