- Maari Completes Three Years, Here's A Look Why The Dhanush-Kajal Starrer Is A Mass Film Done Right!
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Mahindra Procures Kaala Fame Thar To Exhibit In Their Museum
- Nagarjuna Replaces Rajinikanth In Dhanush's Next Directorial Venture?
- Tovino Thomas Reveals Why He 'Apologised' While Shooting With Dhanush For Maari 2
- Rajinikanth’s Kaala: Highlights Of The Audio Launch
- Dhanush To Start Shooting Maari 2 Soon!
- BEST OF 2017: Pick Your Choice For The Best Tamil Actor Of The Year!
- Simbu's Maniratnam Project Set To Begin Soon!
- Dhanush Turns Director Yet Again!
- Dhanush & Simbu’s Emotional Speeches At Sakka Podu Podu Raja Audio Launch!
- Dhanush Has His Hands Full: The 7 Upcoming Movies Of The Actor!
The trade reports say that Velayilla Pattathari has earned Rs.4.36 (Nett) on the first day. Indeed, it is the best response for a Dhanush movie after his flop movie 3 a few years ago. Not only in Tamil Nadu but in Kerala and Karnataka, the Tamil film has got good openings.
Velayilla Pattathari has been released in close to 350 screens in Tamil Nadu. In Chennai city, it has been released in close to 30 screens. The key regions are Chengalpet (60), Kovai (65), Madurai (30), Tirchy (30) and Salem (55). The major chunk of revenue comes from in and around Chennai.
There are many factors that have attracted audience towards Velayilla Pattathari. Firstly, the good promotions of the movie have left good impressions. The trailer and teasers laid a good foundation followed by the lively songs of the film composed by Anirudh Ravichander.
Adding to that it is the 25th movie of Dhanush and people have been curious to know what his landmark movie has to offer. Continue reading the Box Office report of Velayilla Pattathari...
A Theatre Owner Speaks...
A theatre owner in Chennai says, "Dhanush's movies seemed like losing steam in the recent years. But Velayilla Pattathari has proved it wrong as it has got a stupendous response on the first day."
Great Advance Booking
He adds, "We had a good advance booking and the first weekend is expected to be great for many single screens and multiplexes in the city."
Velayilla Pattathari has been released in 60 screens in Kerala. We hear that the movie has got good reception.
In Karnataka where Dhanush enjoys a good fan following, Velayilla Pattathari has been released in 65 screens. In Bangalore, it is releasing in above 20 screens.
Reports say that Velayilla Pattathari is getting good response in international circuits like Malaysia, Singapore etc. We are yet to get the report on the business.
It is interesting to note that Velayilla Pattathari is not just relying on a section of audience but all class of people.
While the action and story parts have impressed mass audience, family audience are impressed by the sentiment and romantic sequences.