- Sarkar Controversy: Young Actor Supports Vijay, Says The Fans Are Not Fools
- Sarkar's First Look To Be Reviewed Yet Again By The Health Officials!
- Sarkar: Here's Everything You Need To Know About Vijay And AR Murugadoss' Latest Film
- Filmfare Awards South 2018(Tamil): Here’s The Winners’ List
- Vijay Decides Not To Celebrate His Birthday This Year!
- Thalapathy 62: Vijay And AR Murugadoss' Film To Be A Political Satire?
- Vijay To Work With Director Ameer After Wrapping Up Thalapathy 62?
- Best Of 2017 Results: It's Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal All The Way!
- Thalapathy 62: AR Murugadoss Drops A Hint About The Vijay Movie!
- Mohan Raja On A Success Streak; Might Join Hands With This Star Actor!
- BEST OF 2017: Pick Your Choice For The Best Tamil Actor Of The Year!
- Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal Enters All-time Biggest Hits List!
Rajinikanth's superhit movie is now set to be remade in Kollywood. His Moondru Mugam remake rights seems to be in the safe hands of Kathiresan, who is basking in the success of his latest movie Jigarthanda. The producer has acquired the rights and he is considering three names - Vijay, Ajith Kumar and Karthi - to cast in the movie.
Kathiresan has bought the remake rights for a fancy price. Now, he is planning to make it big by roping in an A-list actor to play the triple roles of Alex Pandian, Arun and John. He wants Vijay, Ajith Kumar or Karthi to star in the remake. He has claimed that it is his long-term dream to remake the Rajinikanth's superhit movie and it appears like the time has come for him to do it.
Speaking to a leading daily, Kathiresan has said,"It's been my cherished dream to remake Rajini sir's mass hero subject Moondru Mugam and I waited for the right time for it to happen." According to him, the roles will be perfectly suit all three of them. The producer also clarifies that he has not approached any star as of now. Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
Casting Process Yet To Begin
The casting process is yet to begin. Kathiresan is expected to finalise a director before approaching the lead actors.
Remaking a Rajinikanth movie has turned out be a blessing for Ajith Kumar in the past. He tasted a huge success from Billa, which was the remake of the superstar's classic movie of the same name.
Citing this reason, many believe that Moondru Mugam remake would be a tailor-made movie for Ajith Kumar.
Vijay and Karthi
Well, Vijay and Karthi's fans' too believe that their favourite stars could enact the roles made famous by Rajinikanth.
However, we have to note that Vijay, after Nanban, had admitted that he wish to star in original movies than remakes. Given this reason, he is unlikely to take up the movie.