- Best Of 2017 Results: It's Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal All The Way!
- Thalapathy 62: AR Murugadoss Drops A Hint About The Vijay Movie!
- Mohan Raja On A Success Streak; Might Join Hands With This Star Actor!
- BEST OF 2017: Pick Your Choice For The Best Tamil Actor Of The Year!
- Thalapathy Vijay's Mersal Enters All-time Biggest Hits List!
- Aruvi Producer Apologises To Thalapathy Vijay Fans!
- Bairavaa To Take Over Kerala Theatres: 5 Vijay Movies That Rocked Kerala Box Office!
Just when the production issue of Lyca's involvement in Kaththi started dying down, a fresh trouble has cropped up for Vijay's film. Director AR Murugadoss has now been accused of stealing the story and subsequently a case has been filed against the makers of the movie.
A person named Minjur from Tiruvallur district has recently filed a case against AR Murugadoss claiming that the director has stolen his story for his forthcoming Tamil movie Kaththi. The plaintiff, in the petition, has said that the director has ripped off the story from his forthcoming movie Mootha Kudi and requested the court to pass an order, which will halt halt the making of Vijay's film.
Responding to the petition, AR Murugadoss has said that he is neither aware of Minjur nor he has stolen the story from anyone. The filmmaker has requested the court to dismiss the petition. He argues that if the court decides to give an injunction against Kaththi, the Vijay's movie will suffer huge losses.
AR Murugadoss has reportedly mentioned that it is a tactic by the plaintiff to garner free publicity. The case has now been adjourned to September 16.
It may be recalled that AR Murugadoss and Vijay's earlier film Thuppakki had faced the similar issue of story theft. But the director had emerged clean and the film had a hassle-free release then.
Kaththi is an action-thriller featuring Vijay, Samantha and Neil Nitin Mukesh in the lead roles.