TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Just when the production issue of Lyca's involvement in Kaththi started dying down, a fresh trouble has cropped up for Vijay's film. Director AR Murugadoss has now been accused of stealing the story and subsequently a case has been filed against the makers of the movie.
A person named Minjur from Tiruvallur district has recently filed a case against AR Murugadoss claiming that the director has stolen his story for his forthcoming Tamil movie Kaththi. The plaintiff, in the petition, has said that the director has ripped off the story from his forthcoming movie Mootha Kudi and requested the court to pass an order, which will halt halt the making of Vijay's film.
Responding to the petition, AR Murugadoss has said that he is neither aware of Minjur nor he has stolen the story from anyone. The filmmaker has requested the court to dismiss the petition. He argues that if the court decides to give an injunction against Kaththi, the Vijay's movie will suffer huge losses.
AR Murugadoss has reportedly mentioned that it is a tactic by the plaintiff to garner free publicity. The case has now been adjourned to September 16.
It may be recalled that AR Murugadoss and Vijay's earlier film Thuppakki had faced the similar issue of story theft. But the director had emerged clean and the film had a hassle-free release then.
Kaththi is an action-thriller featuring Vijay, Samantha and Neil Nitin Mukesh in the lead roles.