- Sarkar Controversy: Young Actor Supports Vijay, Says The Fans Are Not Fools
- Sarkar's First Look To Be Reviewed Yet Again By The Health Officials!
- Sarkar: Here's Everything You Need To Know About Vijay And AR Murugadoss' Latest Film
- Filmfare Awards South 2018(Tamil): Here’s The Winners’ List
- Vijay Decides Not To Celebrate His Birthday This Year!
- Thalapathy 62: Vijay And AR Murugadoss' Film To Be A Political Satire?
Just when the production issue of Lyca's involvement in Kaththi started dying down, a fresh trouble has cropped up for Vijay's film. Director AR Murugadoss has now been accused of stealing the story and subsequently a case has been filed against the makers of the movie.
A person named Minjur from Tiruvallur district has recently filed a case against AR Murugadoss claiming that the director has stolen his story for his forthcoming Tamil movie Kaththi. The plaintiff, in the petition, has said that the director has ripped off the story from his forthcoming movie Mootha Kudi and requested the court to pass an order, which will halt halt the making of Vijay's film.
Responding to the petition, AR Murugadoss has said that he is neither aware of Minjur nor he has stolen the story from anyone. The filmmaker has requested the court to dismiss the petition. He argues that if the court decides to give an injunction against Kaththi, the Vijay's movie will suffer huge losses.
AR Murugadoss has reportedly mentioned that it is a tactic by the plaintiff to garner free publicity. The case has now been adjourned to September 16.
It may be recalled that AR Murugadoss and Vijay's earlier film Thuppakki had faced the similar issue of story theft. But the director had emerged clean and the film had a hassle-free release then.
Kaththi is an action-thriller featuring Vijay, Samantha and Neil Nitin Mukesh in the lead roles.