- Dhruva Natchathiram Teaser: GVM-Vikram Team Promise A Stylish Spy Thriller!
- Saamy Square Trailer: Vikram’s Swag And Intensity Will Leave You Spellbound
- Saamy Square: The Motion Poster Of The Chiyaan Vikram Starrer is Out!
- Vinayakan To Play The Baddie In Vikram's Dhruva Natchathiram?
- Mammootty's The Great Father To Be Remade In Tamil?
- Sketch Movie Review: Vikram Shoulders This Usual Mass Entertainer With Elan!
- Before Sketch: Box Office Analysis Of Vikram's Previous 5 Movies!
- Mohanlal Has An Interesting Connection With Vikram's Sketch!
- DISAPPOINTING! Chiyaan Vikram Is Not A Part Of Biju Menon’s Rosapoo!
- BIG BATTLE! Mammootty To Fight It Out With Vikram & Suriya At The Box Office?
- Arjun Reddy Remake: A Treat For Vikram Fans!
- Vijay Sethupathi Joins The Club Of Kamal Haasan, Vikram & Siva Karthikeyan
Tamil movies featuring big names have struggled to make big business in the this year. The most-anticipated films of 2014 have fallen flat and the atmosphere in the industry over the film to buy/sell films have not been encouraging due to those failed films. But there is one movie in Kollywood that seems to be rejuvenating the traders. Yes, it is none other than Vikram's I, which was formerly called as Ai.
The distributors and others, who are connected to the industry, have been worried about the fates of big movies. Having learnt the strong lessons by over-quoting for the rights of the films, they turned cautious while making a deal and the days of buying rights for fancy amounts has almost disappeared in the recent times.
The Shankar directorial I has now changed the rules again as the rights of the movie have been in huge demand. And the good news is that people are willing to pay exorbitant amount. The promising trailer and the successful audio event have created a good platform for the film to sell its rights. Hence, Aascar Ravichandran has started talks with different parties to sell the theatrical rights. Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
In a latest development, Sushma Cine Arts has acquired the complete theatrical rights of I for the Tamil Nadu region for a fancy amount.
It is likely to sell the rights of different regions to the interested parties. The rights of key centres like NSC (North Arcot-South Arcot - Chengalpet) Tiruchi-Thanjavur etc. are expected to fetch good revenues for the Sushma Cine Arts.
Even the Telugu distribution rights of I has been sold for a record price to Mega Super Good Films and Tirupathy Prasad. The Tollywood version will have a wider-release than the original Tamil version.
Kerala Rights/Satellite Rights
The makers of Neram have procured the Kerala rights. The satellite rights of I has been purchased by Jaya TV. The deal includes the full-coverage of the audio release and other promotional events apart from promoting the movie during the release on the channel.
More deals are expected to take place in the coming days. Indeed, the Tamil movie is expected to make a turn-over of Rs.100+ crores.