- Ranjith-Rajini Project: Is It Rajinikanth & Rajinikanth Or Rajinikanth & 'Attakathi' Dinesh?
- Soundarya Rajinikanth Blessed With A Baby Boy, Rajinikanth Gets His Third Grandson!
- AR Rahman: I Am Scripting A Movie!
- Lingaa Box Office(2nd Week): Scores Well In Chennai
- Rajinikanth's Wish Gets Fulfilled: Set To Become Grand Father For the Third Time!
- Rajinikanth: I Was Feeling Nervous While Shooting For Lingaa
- OMG! Kochadaiiyaan Causes Problems For Lingaa!
- OMG! Cheating Case Against Mrs. Rajinikanth!
- Chiyaan Vikram Is More Important Than A Director!
- 10 Things To Look Out For In Rajinikanth's Lingaa
- Lingaa: The Count Down Begins
- Kochadaiiyaan's Production Company Faces Tax Fraud Case
Rajinikanth's Kochadaiiyaan has emerged as one of the biggest hits of 2014. The movie, which is made with a huge budget, is heading towards recovering the production cost of the multilingual movie. While the Tamil version has done reasonably well, the other versions of the flick like the Hindi and Telugu have performed badly at collection centres.
Kochadaiiyaan was released in above 2000 screens worldwide on May 23. The release was delayed a few times before hitting the screens. Yet, the superstar's fans welcomed the Tamil flick grandly and gave a fantastic opening at Box Office. Not only in Tamil Nadu, it got warm reception in countries like US, UK and Malaysia.
In the opening weekend, Kochadaiiyaan made 42 crores worldwide from all six versions. The lion's share came from Tamil Nadu where it made more than Rs 25 crores in the first three days. Its performance was good in Karnataka and decent in Kerala. In Andhra Pradesh, it could not do well for many reasons.
Despite getting negative reviews from a section of media and audience over the poor technology used in the movie, Kochadaiiyaan has done well at Box Office. Here, we bring you the working factors for its success at collection centres.
Rajinikanth's presence alone is enough to please his legion of fans. It is the biggest crow-pulling factor for Kochadaiiyaan and the film has made wonderful business due to this element.
The story penned by KS Ravikumar gets full marks. It has made people to ignore flaws in Kochadaiiyaan and enjoy the Tamil movie. The historial fiction genre is something new to audience and they have embraced it.
Kochadaiiyaan may be an animation movie but the storyline is more or less projects Rajinikanth in larger-than-life role. His usual heroism is even seen in this motion-capture technology movie.
Kochadaiiyaan, A Blend Of Mass-Class Elements
There are all the necessary commercial elements in Kochadaiiyaan. Indeed, it is a blend of mass and class elements.
Fans Active Promotion
Rajinikanth fans are leaving no stone unturned in spreading good words about Kochadaiiyaan. Especially on social networking sites, they have been urging audience to encourage this experimental movie.