- Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film: Nawazuddin Joins The Cast; Simran To Play The Female Lead
- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
Superstar Rajinikanth who is awaiting his upcoming movie Lingaa has won the Centenary Award for Indian Film Personality of the Year. The award will be bestowed on Rajinikanth at the 45th International Film Festival of India.
It was announced by Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting. The opening ceremony of the 45th International Film Festival of India which will kick start on November 20th in Goa is expected to be a star studded event as Amitabh Bachchan will share the stage with Rajinikanth as a chief guest.
The prestigious award will consist of a cash prize of Rs. 10,00,000/-, certificate, shawl and Medal (Silver Peacock) and is given to an Indian film personality for his/her outstanding contribution to Indian cinema.
The Film Festival which was started in 1952, became an annual event from 1975 onwards. The festival attracts films from all over the world to take part in the competition. Some of the awards given away at the occurrence include Life Time Achievement Award, Centenary Award, Best Director, Best Actor/Actress among others.
Rajinikanth fans are happy to hear the good news with his film due to release next month. They are also happy that Centre has recognized Rajinikanth's herculean contributions towards Indian cinema over the years.