- Masss(Massu Engira Masilamani) Movie Review: Entertainment Guaranteed!
- Yuvan Has Compensated In 'Masss' As He Disappointed Me In 'Biriyani': Venkat Prabhu
- I Am The New Landmark Director Of Tamil Cinema: Venkat Prabhu
- Vai Raja Vai Movie Review: A Half Baked Thriller!
- Vai Raja Vai: When Aishwarya Told Yuvan That She Will Replace Him With Someone Else!
- Yuvan Shankar Raja's Third Wedding Takes Place Without His Father Ilaiyaraaja
- Rajinikanth To Act In Aishwarya R Dhanush's Next?
- Dhanush Requests His Directors To Come Up With A Sequel To Pudhupettai!
- Kollywood Gets A New Music Director!
- Bhavatharini Supports Yuvan's Third Marriage
- Yuvan Shankar Raja Is Now Officially Abdul Haliq
- Will Poojai Survive Kaththi Scare?
Yuvan Shankar Raja had a memorable Eid this time. This is his first Muslim festival after converting to Islam earlier this year. The music director had a fantastic day with his relatives and friends.
A source tells that Yuvan Shankar Raja had a blast on Eid. He paid a visit to a mosque in the morning and performed his prayers. After returning home, he was greeted by a host of his relatives and friends for whom he had organised a biriyani party.
Yuvan Shankar Raja wished to have a peaceful and memorable day. So, first he performed namaz and then spent time with his close relatives and friends.
The biriyani party was attended by his friends and cousins like Premji, Venkat Prabhu, Karthik Raja, Vasuki and many others.
The first hint of his love towards Islam came in the form of a Tweet from Yuvan Shankar Raja in February 2014 . On his social media page, he wrote, "I follow Islam and I'm proud about it. My family supports my decision and there is no misunderstanding between me and my dad," Continue reading the story on the slideshow...
When Yuvan Met A Guru
Yuvan Shankar Raja decided to convert himself to Islam after meeting a spiritual guru. "Yuvan was very attached to his mother and soon after she passed away, he started missing her a lot. He also met a spiritual guru, but we cannot say what exactly made him follow Islam," source told the Times Of India earlier.
A Strict Follower
Yuvan Shankar Raja has been practising the Islam for over a year now. He performs namaz five times a day. The music director is not missing his prayers even though he is completely busy.
Yuvan Spotted In Masjid
Recently, Yuvan was seen at a mosque in T.Nagar, Chennai. He was accompanied by actor Jai, who has also reportedly converted to Islam.
However, his decision to convert to Islam was not welcomed by a section of his followers on Twitter. He was abused and badly criticised over it. This forced him quit the social networking site.
On the professional front, Yuvan Shankar Raja is game for his Bollywood debut. He will be composing music for Emraan Hashmi's Raja Natwarlal.