- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2: Why Yashika Anand Might Become The Sweetheart Of The Viewers!
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2: Meet The Contestants Of Kamal Haasan's Show
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2: Stars Who Are Rumoured To Be Part Of Kamal Haasan's Show
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2: The Latest Updates About Kamal Haasan's Show
- Kamal Haasan Opens Up About Vishwaroopam 2
- Vishwaroopam 2 Trailer: Kamal Haasan Is Back With A Hard-hitting Thriller
- Asianet Film Awards 2018 Photos: Mammootty, Kamal Haasan, Dulquer Salmaan & Others Attend The Event!
- Dulquer Salmaan Receives The Asianet Film Award From Kamal Haasan!
- Richa Chadda Defends Saroj Khan's Casting Couch Statement, Kamal Haasan Hits Out Against Her
- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi: We Were Siblings But Were Made To Do Romantic Things
- UNBELIEVABLE! Sridevi's Confession About Getting Paid More Than Rajinikanth For The Same Film
- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi's Sudden Demise: 'Sadma's Lullaby Haunts Me Now'
Gone are those days when lip locks were considered taboo in Tamil films. Many films in Kollywood have started to come up with kissing scenes and most importantly it is being received in the right spirit by the audience.
Though lip lock scenes are surfacing often in recent times, kissing scenes in older Tamil films have always existed but only in limited number. Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan, made it popular through his movies like Punnaigai Mannan and Hey Ram.
Of late, many movies are showcasing lip lock scenes, a trend which has existed in Hollywood for decades. Though the number of lip locks in Tamil films have increased over the years, it can be safely said that we have a long way to go in depicting bold scenes.
Often our filmmakers avoid such scenes, fearing that it might repel families from watching their movies. Brave directors like K Balachander have not fazed by these factors as they have always dished out bold scenes in their movies if required.
Though kissing scenes are a rarity in Tamil films, on this International Kissing Day (July 6th), we have managed to compile best onscreen kisses Tamil cinema has seen over the years.
Check out the slides below for some of the best lip lock scenes of Kollywood.
Also Read: Best Hot Scenes Of Nayantara
This is the real deal. Kamal Haasan is known for his on screen kisses and this scene from Hey Ram is undoubtedly the best lip lock scene of Tamil cinema.
Gautham and Thulasi Nair got to kiss each other in their first movie which indicates the change in the trend Tamil films are undergoing.
This scene gave a perfect finishing to this movie Kushi. This kissing scene was spoken off for a very long in Kollywood.
From the movie Naan Sigappu Manithan, this is one of the best kissing scenes Kollywood has had. Vishal was also linked with Lakshmi Menon post this movie.
Though this kiss lasts only for few seconds, this is one of the cutest you can find in Kollywood. This was taken from the movie Azhagiya Tamil Magan.
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa had many kissing scenes. Simbu too like Kamal is known for his on screen as well as off-screen kisses.
If you had thought Vikram had his first on-screen kiss in his latest release I, then you are so wrong as he had done it years ago in Kadhal Sadugudu.
In this scene from Friends, Suriya would've played the role of an innocent person and this kiss in the movie would come across as a surprise gift.
Vishal and Nayantara starrer Sathyam housed a steamy song. This scene takes place in the song and remains to be one of the best kisses in Kollywood.
Prashanth, who has not had many on-screen kisses made it count when he finally got an opportunity to kiss Sneha in this film.