- Rajinikanth’s Kaala: Highlights Of The Audio Launch
- SemmaWeightu Song From Rajinikanth’s Kaala Released: This One’s For The Rap Lovers!
- Rajinikanth & Vijay Sethupathi To Share The Screen Space For The First Time!
- Unlike Aamir Khan, Salman Khan Is NOT Scared Of Rajinikanth; All You Need To Know About Their Clash!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Grabs A Mega Project Opposite These Two Superstars? Also Spotted At An Event
- Salman Khan Is Not Fake Like Others; Whatever He Says, He Does From The Heart - Prabhudeva
Famous distributor R Singaravadivelan who distributed Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa in Thanjavur and Trichy districts has been granted permission to go on fast by the Madras High Court. The distributor said he incurred huge losses after the film failed to take off in the districts he distributed Lingaa.
Singaravadivelan of Marina Pictures submitted his appeal to the court on January 6th 2015. In his statement he said, "Since most distributors suffered heavy losses due to the failure of the film, we had urged the producer and actor Rajinikanth to repay the initial investment. Since there was no response, I submitted this petition to go on a fast."
The Madras High Court, led by Justice TS Sivagnanam, has asked Tamil Nadu government to intervene so that justice gets served. Many distributors claimed to have suffered huge losses as the film did not perform as expected after having paid high prices for the same.
Rajinikanth, who has the reputation of repaying the initial investment to distributors who incur losses when his films doesn't do well at a particular district has chosen to remain silent so far. Will the Superstar step up to solve the issue amicably like he did in 2002 when his fantasy-action film Baba bombed at the box office? Well, that still remains to be a puzzle that can only be solved by Rajinikanth.
Lingaa opened up to mixed reviews from both fans and critics and also failed to keep the cash registers ringing at a few places thanks to its over-hype and some logical loopholes the film carried.
Also Read: Top 10 Biggest Flops Of Rajinikanth