- Post The Kaala Debacle, The Makers Of Rajinikanth's 2.0 Are In A Fix And Here Are The Details
- Kaala Box Office: Is The Rajinikanth Starrer A Hit Or A Flop?
- Kaala Box Office Collections: The Film Crosses Another Milestone!
- Rajinikanth To Team Up With AR Murugadoss For An Upcoming Movie?
- Kaala Box Office Collection Report: Registers a Strong Opening In Malaysia!
- Kaala Box Office Update: The Rajinikanth Starrer Becomes Third Highest Grossing Tamil Film In The US
It has been speculated that Superstar Rajinikanth will receive a Padma Vibhushan which is the second highest civilian award in India. But according to the latest news, the official announcement whether Rajinikanth will receive the award will surface only the night before the Republic day.
Press Information Bureau(PIB India) has confirmed that the names doings rounds in the media are only speculated and that the official announcement will be made only on the Republic Day eve. However, Rajinikanth is one among many strong contenders who may walk away with a Padma award come January 26.
The list of probables include 148 personalities from various fields. Along with Rajinikanth, other prominent film celebrities who might win Padma awards are Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Salman Khan's father Salim Khan and ad film-maker Prasoon Joshi.
Rajinikanth was recently honoured with the Centenary award for Indian Film personality of the year at the International Film Festival of India which took place in Goa last year. He was also rewarded with the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian honour in the year 2000.
If Rajinikanth is conferred with the Padma Vibhushan, he will become the first Tamil actor to win the second highest civilian award of our country.
Meanwhile, Supreme Court has stayed an order which was passed by the Madras High Court which had earlier directed the producers of Rajinikanth's Lingaa to make a deposit of 10 crores citing the plagiarism case filed by filmmaker Ravi Rathinam. The Supreme Court has said, "In a copyright case how can the High Court pass such interim orders?" Looks like it is relief and honour at the same time for our Superstar.