- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 Weekend Recap: Nithya Gets Eliminated From Kamal Haasan's Show
- Kamal Haasan To Share Frame With Salman Khan For The First Time; Thanks To Dus Ka Dum 3!
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 July 11 Preview: Ramya Behaves Like A Brat, Gets Punished
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 Weekend Recap: Kamal Rebukes Aishwarya-Yashika; Ananth Gets Evicted
- Rakesh Unni, The New Sensation; Kamal Haasan & Shankar Mahadevan Are Blown Over By His Voice
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 Day 16: The 'Ex Factor' Wrecks Aishwarya-Shariq's Relationship
- Kamal Speaks Against Caste, Gets Trolled Because Of Shruti's 'Iyengar' Remark
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 Weekend Recap: Mamathi Chari Gets Evicted; Kamal Lashes Out At Thadi Balaji
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2: Shruti To Join Kamal Haasan On The Show
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2: Kamal Haasan’s Show Runs Into Trouble With The Fringe
- Kamal Haasan Has Never Given Shruti And Akshara Career Advice, Here's Why
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2: Controversial Moments From The First Week That Left Us Shocked
Many successful heroes in Kollywood have embraced the role with negative shades in the past. While many of them were introduced as villains who then went on to become well known heroes, few bold actors have taken up negative roles even after establishing themselves as prosperous heroes.
A prominent actor like Kamal Haasan has even said in the past that he would love to play a role which has lots of negativity, if asked to do so by any his directors. He went on to say that, a hero always has restrictions, but a villain can do whatever he feels like.
Many celebrated actors like Rajinikanth, Sarathkumar and Sathyaraj were once famous for their negative roles. Even years after becoming the good guys, their roles as a terrifying villain are still loved by many.
Though many heroes have posed as villains in the past, only a selected few could convince the audience, as portraying a negative character is no child's play. Some really good actors have played both negative and positive shades to perfection and it is about time to rediscover those actors.
So who among them was the most feared? The answer lies in the slides below:
Undoubtedly, Superstar Rajinikanth tops the list for he has done a variety of roles within the negative category. For an actor who began his career as a villain, his transformation into a successful hero was a fairy tale.
Though Ajith had already established himself as a successful hero, he did not hesitate to do negative characters wherever required. If his character in Vaali was a trend setter at that time, Mankatha, in which he played a corrupt cop was well handled.
He is another actor who began his career as a villain. In his early days, Sathyaraj was considered as one of the most terrifying villain for the portrayal of his roles in movies like Kaaki Sattai and 24 Mani Neram.
As mentioned earlier, Sarathkumar too turned into a hero after taking up a number of characters with negative shades. His role in the movie Pulan Visaranai as a fearsome villain is still praised by many.
Many characters portrayed by Kamal Haasan have had negativity to it. From Indian(younger Kamal) to Aalavandhan to Dasavathaaram(Christian Fletcher) all these roles have played with utmost precision by the Ulaganayagan.
Though Ilayathalapathy Vijay has not experimented too much, his role in Azhagiya Tamil Magan as a greedy person and womanizer is laudable. Hopefully Vijay will take up such challenging roles in the near future.
Like Vijay, Simbu too has not taken up many negative roles. But his characterization and performance in Manmathan was good enough to convince the audience that he could carry a negative role with ease.
Singam Puli saw Jeeva in a negative shade for the first time. Like Ajith in Vaali and Vijay in Azhagiya Tamil Magan, Jeeva too played positive and a negative character in the same movie and also managed to put up a decent show.
Vikram had done a fantastic job in portraying negative shades in Raavanan. His mere looks in the film is intimidating enough to earn him this spot.
Who can forget Dhanush as Kokki Kumar in Pudhupettai? His lust towards power and women were displayed really well in the movie.
Prasanna played a negative role for the first time in Anjathe. But he did not stop there. A few years later his skills to carry off negative roles was apparent in Muran.
Also Read: Top 10 Biggest Flops Of Rajinikanth