- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi: We Were Siblings But Were Made To Do Romantic Things
- UNBELIEVABLE! Sridevi's Confession About Getting Paid More Than Rajinikanth For The Same Film
- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi's Sudden Demise: 'Sadma's Lullaby Haunts Me Now'
- Vishwaroopam 2 To Be Racier Than The Original!
- Dil Raju Backs Out Of Bharateeyudu
- Padmavati Row: Kamal Haasan Extends Supports To Deepika Padukone, Wants Her Head Saved
- Kamal Haasan Vouches His Support For Deepika Padukone In Padmavati Row!
- AR Rahman Reveals His Favourite Actor!
- Mohanlal, Rajinikanth And Kamal Haasan To Come Together?
- OOPS! Kajol Gets Trolled For 'Selfie' Goof-Up, Kamal Haasan Comes To Her Rescue
- WE CAN'T TAKE OUR EYES OFF! SRK- Kajol Stole The Show At The Opening Ceremony Of KIFF
- WOW! First Kamal Haasan, Now Rajinikanth Backs Up Mersal
- Huma Qureshi: I Had To Give Auditions For Every Single Film I Did
Many successful heroes in Kollywood have embraced the role with negative shades in the past. While many of them were introduced as villains who then went on to become well known heroes, few bold actors have taken up negative roles even after establishing themselves as prosperous heroes.
A prominent actor like Kamal Haasan has even said in the past that he would love to play a role which has lots of negativity, if asked to do so by any his directors. He went on to say that, a hero always has restrictions, but a villain can do whatever he feels like.
Many celebrated actors like Rajinikanth, Sarathkumar and Sathyaraj were once famous for their negative roles. Even years after becoming the good guys, their roles as a terrifying villain are still loved by many.
Though many heroes have posed as villains in the past, only a selected few could convince the audience, as portraying a negative character is no child's play. Some really good actors have played both negative and positive shades to perfection and it is about time to rediscover those actors.
So who among them was the most feared? The answer lies in the slides below:
Undoubtedly, Superstar Rajinikanth tops the list for he has done a variety of roles within the negative category. For an actor who began his career as a villain, his transformation into a successful hero was a fairy tale.
Though Ajith had already established himself as a successful hero, he did not hesitate to do negative characters wherever required. If his character in Vaali was a trend setter at that time, Mankatha, in which he played a corrupt cop was well handled.
He is another actor who began his career as a villain. In his early days, Sathyaraj was considered as one of the most terrifying villain for the portrayal of his roles in movies like Kaaki Sattai and 24 Mani Neram.
As mentioned earlier, Sarathkumar too turned into a hero after taking up a number of characters with negative shades. His role in the movie Pulan Visaranai as a fearsome villain is still praised by many.
Many characters portrayed by Kamal Haasan have had negativity to it. From Indian(younger Kamal) to Aalavandhan to Dasavathaaram(Christian Fletcher) all these roles have played with utmost precision by the Ulaganayagan.
Though Ilayathalapathy Vijay has not experimented too much, his role in Azhagiya Tamil Magan as a greedy person and womanizer is laudable. Hopefully Vijay will take up such challenging roles in the near future.
Like Vijay, Simbu too has not taken up many negative roles. But his characterization and performance in Manmathan was good enough to convince the audience that he could carry a negative role with ease.
Singam Puli saw Jeeva in a negative shade for the first time. Like Ajith in Vaali and Vijay in Azhagiya Tamil Magan, Jeeva too played positive and a negative character in the same movie and also managed to put up a decent show.
Vikram had done a fantastic job in portraying negative shades in Raavanan. His mere looks in the film is intimidating enough to earn him this spot.
Who can forget Dhanush as Kokki Kumar in Pudhupettai? His lust towards power and women were displayed really well in the movie.
Prasanna played a negative role for the first time in Anjathe. But he did not stop there. A few years later his skills to carry off negative roles was apparent in Muran.
Also Read: Top 10 Biggest Flops Of Rajinikanth