- Huma Qureshi: I Had To Give Auditions For Every Single Film I Did
- Superstar Rajinikanth Debuts On Facebook & Instagram!
- Mammootty Was Approached For The Rajinikanth Starrer Kaala!
- Kaala Teaser Is Out: Superstar Fans Are Sure To Have A Gala Time!
- HEART-WARMING! Sridevi Fasted For A Week When Rajinikanth Fell Seriously Ill In 2011
- UNBELIEVABLE! Sridevi's Confession About Getting Paid More Than Rajinikanth For The Same Film
- Kabali Fever Grips Kerala: 6 Rajinikanth Movies From The Past That Took Kerala Box Office By Storm!
Superstar Rajinikanth, recently revealed that he used to drink continuously till morning along with Maestro Ilayaraaja when they used to work together. Recollecting some of his cherished moments, the Lingaa actor also divulged few other interesting facts about the musical genius.
He said, "He(Ilayaraaja) was very naughty and mischievous and would love to gossip. After our sessions, we would drink till morning. But when I met him after a gap of few years, I saw a transformation in Raaja sir. His dressing style had changed completely. I then started calling him Raaja Swami. He is a saint now as Maata Saraswathi lives in him."
So what is the reason behind Ilayaraaja's magical transformation? The story goes like this: the celebrated violinist, L Subramaniam once said that, his elder brother Vaidyanathan insisted Ilayaraaja to accompany him to the famous Sri Mookambika temple situated in Udupi, Karnataka.
Though Ilayaraaja never believed in supernatural power back then, his visit to the temple changed everything. When Ilayaraaja returned, his transformation was quite apparent. Surprised by Ilayaraaja's new way of life, L Subramaniam was curious to know what transformed the well known music director.
It was then Ilayaraaja revealed to L Subramaniam that when he stepped inside the Mookambika temple, he felt some vibrations and that his body and soul was revitalized. Ilayaraaja also admitted that post his visit to the temple, there was a huge transition in his compositions as well that helped him to come up with amazing tunes.
Ilayaraaja, who then gradually stopped the consumption of alcohol was left with no choice but to give up his most loved drinking sessions with Rajinikanth.