TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The list of nominees for the upcoming 63rd Filmfare Awards (South) have been revealed. In Tamil, Thala Ajith's Yennai Arindhaal and Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan's Papanasam have topped the charts with 5 nominations each.
While Manikandan's Kaaka Muttai, Jeethu Joseph's Papanasam and M Raja's Thani Oruvan were expected to be nominated, surprise entrants have come in the form of Shankar's I, Mani Ratnam's O Kadhal Kanmani and Rosshan Andrrews' 36 Vayadhinile.
As expected, directors who have fabricated movies that have been nominated under the Best Film category, walk away with all the nominations.
And the nominees are Manikandan for Kaaka Muttai, Jeethu Joseph for Papanasam, M Raja's Thani Oruvan, Mani Ratnam for O Kadhal Kanmani and Roshan Andrrews for 36 Vayadhinile.
Best Actor (Male)
There are no surprises as far as this category is concerned. While Vikram has been nominated for I, Kamal Haasan's performance in Papanasam earns him a nomination as well.
Rest of the nominations for this category come in the form of Ajith Kumar for Yennai Arindhaal, Dhanush for Anegan and Jayam Ravi for Thani Oruvan.
Best Actor (Female)
Apart from Gautami's nomination (Papanasam), which contributes to the surprise factor, rest of the nominations were expected.
Aishwarya Rajesh for Kaaka Muttai, Jyothika for 36 Vayadhinile, Nithya Menon for O Kadhal Kanmani and Nayantara for Naanum Rowdydhaan are the other nominees.
Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Male)
Arun Vijay for Yennai Arindhaal, Arvind Swamy for Thani Oruvan, Parthiepan for Naanum Rowdydhaan, Prakash Raj for O Kadhal Kanmani and KS Ravikumar for Thanga Magan are the nominees under best supporting role category.
Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Female)
Asha Sharath for Papanasam, Devadarshini for 36 Vayadhinile, Leela Samson for O Kadhal Kanmani, Parvathy Nair for Yennai Arindhaal and Radhika Sarathkumar for Thanga Magan.
While both AR Rahman and Anirudh Ravichander have been nominated for two movies each (Anirudh for Maari, Naanum Rowdydhaan & AR Rahman for I, OK Kanmani ), Harris Jayaraj has been nominated for Yennai Arindhaal.
Also Read: Ilayathalapathy Vijay To Embrace Tirunelveli Slang & New Looks For His Next!