- Tamizhan Endru Sol-A Fantasy Film: Hindi Actress Opposite Shanmugapandian, Vijayakanth Plays A King
- OMG! Is Vijay 59 A Remake Of Vijayakanth's Sathriyan?
- OMG: Captain Vijayakanth's Yoga Session Goes Wrong, Ridiculed By Fans Online!
- Murugadoss Waits For Ajith
- Actor-Politician Vijayakanth Hospitalised, Discharged
- Vijayakanth's Senthoora Poove To Have Telugu Remake
The Supreme Court on Thursday (July 28) stayed the non-bailable warrants against DMDK leader Vijayakanth and his wife Premalatha, issued by a trial court at Tiruppur in Tamil Nadu.
Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Rohinton Fali Nariman sought the list of defamation cases filed by the public prosecutors in Tamil Nadu on behalf of Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa against her critics.
The Tiruppur court headed by Principal District Judge Alamelu Natarajan had issued non-bailable warrants against the couple following their non-appearance before it in a defamation case in March.
According to a report, the case was filed by Public Prosecutor KN Subramaniam against Vijayakanth and his wife. It was alleged that the couple had made defamatory remarks against the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu at a public gathering in Palladam on November 6 last year.
Vijayakanth has appeared in more than 150 Tamil films before starting his own political party Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK).