TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
In what can be termed as a shocking revelation, filmmaker-actor Cheran has accused Sri Lankan Tamilians for leaking Tamil films online and indulging in piracy.
Speaking at the audio launch event of Kanna Pinna, an upcoming film, being directed by debutant Thiya, who had participated in the famous TV show 'Naalaya Iyakkunar', Cheran has said he now feels ashamed of being a support to Sri Lankan Tamilians on many occasions.
"I came to know that it was Sri Lankan Tamilians who indulge in online leaks by releasing new films in an illegal manner. The film fraternity as such has raised its voice in favour of Sri Lankan Tamils on several occasions.
Coming to think of it, I feel ashamed to have supported those who eat away our money and push us to penury," the Autograph director has said, according to a report from Deccan Chronicle.
Cheran is currently working on three films, and is directing one among the three, which is yet to be titled. The other two films are Appavin Meesai, which is being helmed by Rohini and an untitled Agathiyan project.