- Dus Ka Dum: Kamal Haasan, Karan Patel & Shilpa Shinde Grace Salman Khan’s Show (PICS)
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 Weekend Recap: Nithya Gets Eliminated From Kamal Haasan's Show
- Kamal Haasan To Share Frame With Salman Khan For The First Time; Thanks To Dus Ka Dum 3!
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 July 11 Preview: Ramya Behaves Like A Brat, Gets Punished
- Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2 Weekend Recap: Kamal Rebukes Aishwarya-Yashika; Ananth Gets Evicted
- Rakesh Unni, The New Sensation; Kamal Haasan & Shankar Mahadevan Are Blown Over By His Voice
Recently, there were reports claiming that director TK Rajeev Kumar had walked out of Kamal Haasan's upcoming project Sabhash Naidu, because of creative differences with the Viswaroopam actor and that Kamal himself will helm the film.
But the star actor took to his Twitter page to let everyone know that he will be directing just a dance sequence, as Rajeev had fallen ill.
"I am directing the dance as Rajeev is unwell. Hope he gets well soon @shrutihaasan @KunduNaiduRaw," Kamal had posted.
But now, it looks like Kamal Haasan will be directing the entire movie as the Malayalam film-maker has been hospitalized with a rare infection called Lyme disease.
"My director has fallen ill, extremely ill. The unfortunate setback occurred when we were on the fourth day of our recce in LA. It was diagnosed as Lyme disease, a rare infection prevalent in Europe and North America. Hence, I am directing the film," Kamal Haasan told Deccan Chronicle.
The actor-filmmaker has said, Rajeev is currently undergoing treatment in one of the best hospitals.
"We have put him in one of the best hospitals with one of our executives keeping vigil 24/7. Our large get-well card signed by the whole unit also stands beside him."
Though this is not the first time Kamal is replacing a director for his movie, this time around, he has done it only to finish the project on time.
"Yes, I have done it before. This time I moved in as a standby director, hoping my friend would recover, and he will. The film is being shot on a tight schedule, and we are planning to finish shooting by July-end or the first week of August," he has said.
"Rajeev started his career as a director with me in the lead nearly 25 years back. I am sure when he is up and about he will have many more movies to direct. He has already done 25 films in his career. He will do 25 more and I'll be in at least 10 of them!" Kamal told the leading daily.