- Kaala Box Office Collection: Second Only To Kabali In Telugu Speaking Regions!
- Vote Now: Rajinikanth-Radhika Apte In Kabali Or Rajini-Huma Qureshi In Kaala
- Kaala Box Office Prediction: Will Rajinikanth's Film Live Up To Expectations?
- Kaala Preview: 5 Reasons That Make This Rajinikanth Starrer A Must-watch
- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Before Nana Patekar In Kaala, These Actors Played Iconic Villains In Rajinikanth's Films
Rajinikanth-starrer Tamil action drama Kabali on Tuesday (July 26) entered the Rs 200 Crore club and successfully became the second film after Enthiran to achieve the rare feat in the superstar's career, according to trade experts.
Interestingly, producer 'Kalaipuli' S Thanu had claimed that the film garnered over 200 Crores on the second day of its release. But, trade analysts seem to have a different opinion.
"It's the fastest south Indian film to rake in over Rs 200 crore at the box office worldwide in just five days. As on Tuesday, 'Kabali' has grossed Rs 205 crore and this includes the three languages in which the film was released," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
In India, in its opening weekend, the film minted over Rs 100 Crores, it is said.
"In the domestic market, the film collected a whopping Rs 128 crore from the opening weekend. It's the best ever opening for a south Indian film," he said.
Directed by Pa Ranjith, Kabali narrates the story of a gangster's shot at redemption and how he fights for equal pay rights for Tamilians in Malaysia.