- Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film: Nawazuddin Joins The Cast; Simran To Play The Female Lead
- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
"The theme of 'Kabali' is something new even for Rajini sir. The biggest challenge for me as an editor is to work in the Rajini zone, being his fan and yet staying true to the script," the National Film Award-winning editor told to a leading news channel.
Though he's been working in the Tamil film industry for a decade now, Kabali is the first Rajinikanth film he has ever worked in. And, being a part of a Rajinikanth-starrer is pressure right?
"I wouldn't call it pressure, but there is a certain responsibility as the superstar has trusted us to present him in a different role. This has always been at the back of everyone's head while working for 'Kabali'," he has said.
Talking about the film, Praveen has said, "Most of his (Rajinikanth's) shots are single takes. It shows Thalaivar's experience. 'Kabali' is an emotional film as much as it is a gangster film. So it was really a challenge to make sure the emotional scenes were paced right to get the right feeling. There are lot of intense moments especially in the sequences showing Rajini's growth as a don. The slightest eye movement or expression will rain in the claps. It's a huge task for me to keep everything intact as much as I can, keeping the script in mind."
So, which is his favourite scene in the movie?
"There are tons of scenes I admire in the film. But like any superstar's film, the introduction scene of Kabali, the gangster has come out really well. While I was watching it, I was imagining how the fans will whistle and hoot and clap for Rajini sir. And finally when we get to see his face in full, it will be a treat. Murali, the cameraman has shot them in a really slick and stylish composition."
Also Read: IN PICS: Actress Lakshmi Priyaa Opens Up About Her Horror Flick 'Kalam'