- Isha Talwar Takes Part In The Fitness Challenge & That Has Caught Everyone's Attention!
- Crossroad: Prominent Directors To Join Hands For An Anthology Film In Malayalam!
- 'Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai': Weekend (First Three Days) Box Office Predictions!
- 'Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai' Movie Review & Rating: One-time Watch
- I Played Junior Prabhu In Jayam Ravi's 'Unakkum Enakkum': 'Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai' Actor Walter
- Kochi Times Most Desirable Women: Winners From The Past!
Actress Isha Talwar of Thillu Mullu (2013) fame hopes her upcoming Tamil romantic drama Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai inspires audiences to open up to the idea of inter-caste marriage.
Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai is the remake of a hit Malayalam movie titled Thattathin Marayathu and Isha has said that the Malayalam version had a major impact on its audiences. She is essaying her role from the original, which had Nivin Pauly playing the lead.
Though a remake, Isha feels the movie has been treated in a different manner to suit the sensibilities of Tamil moviegoers.
"This is a nicely adapted film. Although it features the same story, treatment-wise it's very different. The fact that it's being made in Tamil means you're catering to different audiences and different sensibilities," she told IANS.
Directed by Mithran Jawahar, the movie is about a Hindu boy falling in love with a Muslim girl and the consequences that arise because of their relationship.
"The impact my character from the original left on the audience was phenomenal. In Kerala, people have walked up to me in the airport and have told me how my film inspired them to open up to the idea of inter-caste marriage," the 28-year-old said.
The Mumbai based actress won many awards including the South Indian International Movie Award (SIIMA) for Best Female Debutant for her performance in the Malayalam version of the film.
"I hope the Tamil version too leaves a similar effect on the audience. I know friends who have had problems marrying out of their community and this kind of situation is prevalent everywhere and it exists in all strata of society," she added.
Produced by veteran actor Sangili Murugan, Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai is all set to hit the screens this Friday (August 5).
Also Read: Oops! Jiiva Caught Staring At Kajal Aggarwal