- No Joke This: Guru Somasundaram Turns Into A Menacing Villain In 'Yaakkai'
- Superstar Rajinikanth Calls 'Joker' A Brilliant Film, Lauds The Entire Team!
- 'Joker' Movie Review & Rating: A Good Political Satire With A Dash Of Humour!
- Raju Murugan's 'Joker' Appreciated At Censor Board
- Top 10 Bollywood flops of 2012!
- Is Akshay Kumar under threat?
Two prominent Tamil movies released last Friday (Aug 12). While one was directed by Raju Murugan of Cuckoo fame, the other was helmed by Kumaravelan of Haridas fame. The movies we are talking about are Joker and Wagah.
Since both the films were directed by critically acclaimed film-makers, expectations were high among fans and moviegoers.
While Joker received positive reviews from almost everyone, Vikram Prabhu's Wagah was criticized for its poor writing and execution.
Having said that, it is upto the viewers to decide the box office fate of both these movies. According to trade experts though, Joker has a better chance at the box office this weekend.
It is said that the Raju Murugan directorial might gather an impressive 7.5 Crores from Tamil Nadu alone over its first three days. Wagah, on the other hand, might collect 3.5 Crores (approx) from the whole of Tamil Nadu, according to trade analysts.