- Kaala Box Office Collection: Second Only To Kabali In Telugu Speaking Regions!
- Vote Now: Rajinikanth-Radhika Apte In Kabali Or Rajini-Huma Qureshi In Kaala
- Kaala Box Office Prediction: Will Rajinikanth's Film Live Up To Expectations?
- Kaala Preview: 5 Reasons That Make This Rajinikanth Starrer A Must-watch
- With Kaala Set To Release, We Take A Look At Box Office Performances Of Rajinikanth's Last 5 Films
- Before Nana Patekar In Kaala, These Actors Played Iconic Villains In Rajinikanth's Films
Superstar Rajinikanth-starrer Tamil action drama Kabali will release in a record 306 screens in Kerala. According to a trade analyst, this is the biggest release for a Tamil film in the state, fondly known as God's Own Country.
"It's the biggest release for a Tamil film. 'Kabali' is releasing in 306 screens in Kerala," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
Malayalam superstar Mohanlal is releasing the film in Kerala.
"On par with Tamil Nadu, there's unprecedented demand for tickets in Kerala. The opening weekend tickets are sold out," he said.
Interestingly, few years ago, Mohanlal had said films from other states shouldn't be allowed to have such a wide release in Kerala, as it will affect the box office collections of Malayalam movies.
He had even opposed the idea of releasing Vijay's Vettaikkaran in 75 theatres. But since Kabali is being released by him, the Jilla actor seems to have forgotten his comments, made in the past.
Directed by Pa Ranjith, the film also stars Radhika Apte, Kishore, Dinesh, Kalaiyarasan, Dhansikaa, Ritwika and Winston Chao.
Rajinikanth plays a don who fights for Tamilians in Malaysia in the film, which is releasing worldwide on Friday (July 22).