- Fans Of 'Saw' Invested In 'Sadhuram 2': Director Sumanth Radhakrishnan
- If 'Subramaniapuram' Had Been Sent To Film Festivals, It Would've Done Better Than My Films: Anurag
- Actress Ranya Rao Thinks Tamil Cinema Is The Best In Our Country?
- Sshivada Nair Is Excited About Her Upcoming Films
- Angana Roy's Brush With Action & Ballet In '7 Naatkal'
- IN PICS: Hot Actress Ruhi Singh Is Enjoying Learning Tamil!
Remember Nayantara's friend in the movie Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal? Kala Kalyani, who played the second fiddle in the Udhayanidhi-starrer, is all set to play the female lead in an upcoming movie titled Engeyum Naan Iruppen.
"The catchy script attracted me to the film that gives much prominence to my role. It's a real story and has suspense ingredients to keep the viewers on the edge of the seat till the end. The movie absorbs the rustic charm in all its grace and I'm a tip-to-toe village belle," Kala told Deccan Chronicle.
The actress has said she has been waiting for years to land the perfect role.
"In a sentence, I can tell my selection of movies - I am 'choosy'. This is a role I have been waiting to do. Tamil industry has plenty of room for the kind of roles I am looking for and will fit into. The language is so comfortable for me. I still listen to scripts, but I have my reservations for not taking the route to fame through onscreen intimacy or skin show," she told the leading daily.
Engeyum Naan Iruppen has been directed by Malayalam film-maker Benny Thomas.
Also Read: Panchu Arunachalam's Demise Makes Rajinikanth Do The Unusual, Ilaiyaraaja & Other Celebs In Mourning