- Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Film: Nawazuddin Joins The Cast; Simran To Play The Female Lead
- Fahadh Faasil To Share The Screen Space With Superstar Rajinikanth?
- 2.0: Rajinikanth's Magnum Opus Gets A Release Date; Will It Help Thalaiva Bounce Back?
- Rajinikanth's Kaala A FLOP? Dhanush Issues A Statement On The Film's Box Office Collections
- Rajinikanth Was Gautham Menon’s Choice For This Big Movie?
- Peter Hein Roped In For Rajinikanth-Karthik Subbaraj Flick
While a furore was raised by fans over the case that has been registered against superstar Rajinikanth by a petitioner named Manivannan, the court's decision may infuriate the fans and well-wishers of the star actor even more.
Asserting that Rajinikanth and his fans should be held responsible for the wastage of milk, poured on his cut-outs during several occasions, social activist Manivannan filed an injunction suit and had asked the actor to come forward in order to stop the wastage.
Now, hearing the case, that was filed on March 26th, the court has directed Rajinikanth to respond to the petition. April 11th is when the next hearing will happen and the Enthiran star is expected to file his reply before the said date.
During the star's movie releases, birthday and several other occasions, fans indulge in a ritual called 'milk abhisheka' where they pour thousands of litres of milk on Rajinikanth's massive cut-outs. An act that equates Rajinikanth's status with that of the God, in the eyes of his ardent fans.
Though this is just one of the many ways for fans to express their love towards their favourite star, a protein rich nourishment like milk could otherwise be put into use in a more effective manner.
Is it time not only for Rajinikanth but other star actors too, to come forward and request their fans to stop wasting milk on their cut-outs? What about milk wasted in temples and other religious sites? Will anyone file a case against the divine ritual, we wonder.