- Rajinikanth’s Kaala: Highlights Of The Audio Launch
- SemmaWeightu Song From Rajinikanth’s Kaala Released: This One’s For The Rap Lovers!
- Rajinikanth & Vijay Sethupathi To Share The Screen Space For The First Time!
- Unlike Aamir Khan, Salman Khan Is NOT Scared Of Rajinikanth; All You Need To Know About Their Clash!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Grabs A Mega Project Opposite These Two Superstars? Also Spotted At An Event
- Salman Khan Is Not Fake Like Others; Whatever He Says, He Does From The Heart - Prabhudeva
- Prabhudheva Reveals What's Common Between Salman Khan & Rajinikanth!
- Huma Qureshi: I Had To Give Auditions For Every Single Film I Did
- Superstar Rajinikanth Debuts On Facebook & Instagram!
- Mammootty Was Approached For The Rajinikanth Starrer Kaala!
- Kaala Teaser Is Out: Superstar Fans Are Sure To Have A Gala Time!
- HEART-WARMING! Sridevi Fasted For A Week When Rajinikanth Fell Seriously Ill In 2011
Superstar Rajinikanth, despite having more than 3 Million followers on Twitter, is not exactly active on the social networking site, for he seldom shares his thought on his social media page.
With just 30 tweets in 3 years, the star actor is one of the least active users of Twitter. His last tweet came 7 months ago in February when he appreciated film-maker Vetrimaaran's critically acclaimed flick Visaaranai.
When Panchu Recognized Raaja's Talent
Written by Panju Arunachalam, Annakili was Ilaiyaraaja's debut film. In an interview, Panchu had revealed that it was him who recognized the musician's talent for the first time.
Birth Of A Maestro
When the team of Annakili was hunting for a music director, it was Panchu who heard the tunes from Ilaiyaraaja, before bringing him on board the project. The rest as they say is history.
Shaping Vivekh's Career
Actor-comedian Vivekh took to his Twitter page to reveal that it was Panchu who encouraged him to quit his government job to concentrate on his acting career.
Other Famous Celebs In Mourning
Film-maker AR Murugadoss tweeted, "RIP Panchu sir, the master storyteller best in dual action subject, always wanted to work with him. But lots of respect for your work sir."
The Creator With Midas Touch
Dhananjayan Govind, who made the documentary 'The Creator With Midas Touch' on the veteran, tweeted: "Panchu Arunachalam sir was born on 22nd March 1941, 75 years old now. Big loss to everyone and I am still unable to believe as I spoke recently."
A tweet from the official page of the South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA), who presented him with a lifetime achievement award read: "A Big Loss to the Industry RIP Legendary Film Personality. Panchu Arunachalam Honored to have presented him Lifetime Achievement Award."
Actor Siddharth wrote, "Panchu Arunachalam sir was a passionate creator. His contribution to Tamil cinema will live on forever. RIP sir. Strength to the family."
But yesterday (Aug 9), the Enthiran actor once again took to his social media page to make his thoughts known to his followers. Unfortunately, this time around, his tweet conveyed a negative emotion.
"Panju sir ... I will really really miss you. May your soul rest in peace," wrote a grief-stricken Rajinikanth, as he was mourning the death of the man who was responsible in transforming Rajinikanth into a superstar.
While late filmmaker K Balachander might have launched Rajinikanth, Panchu Arunachalam was responsible for taking the actor to the masses. They worked together in 23 films, including Kazhugu, Pokkiri Raja and Paayum Puli among others.
Not just that, Panchu was also instrumental in introducing maestro Ilaiyaraaja to the world of cinema.
Continue reading the story in the slides above:
Also Read: 'Thirunaal' Movie Review & Rating: A Tedious Watch