- Isha Talwar Takes Part In The Fitness Challenge & That Has Caught Everyone's Attention!
- Crossroad: Prominent Directors To Join Hands For An Anthology Film In Malayalam!
- 'Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai': Weekend (First Three Days) Box Office Predictions!
- 'Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai' Movie Review & Rating: One-time Watch
- Isha Talwar Hopes Her Next Film Changes Public's Attitude Towards Interreligious Marriage
- Kochi Times Most Desirable Women: Winners From The Past!
- Dileep To Team Up With Isha Talwar
- Fahadh Faasil, Malavika Mohanan & Isha Talwar In Nale
- Bhaskar The Rascal: Viewers Expectations
- Isha Talwar Joins 'Bhaskar The Rascal'
- Isha Talwar To Play Ummachikutti In Tamil Remake
- Bangalore Days To Rock In Other Languages
If you think Walter Phillips is making his acting debut in Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai, which also stars Isha Talwar, think again, for the upcoming movie is his third outing, according to the actor.
In an interview to Deccan Chronicle, the young actor has revealed that he played junior Prabhu in Jayam Ravi-Trisha starrer Unakkum Enakkum.
On Isha Talwar
Talking about Isha Talwar, the film's lead actress, Walter has said she was being very patient in spite of him going for many re-takes. Isha is reprising her role from the original.
"Being the producer of the film, my dad Jayachandran also felt that she (Isha) was down to earth and never threw any tantrums demanding business class, a caravan, etc. Isha would travel with minimal assistants."
On His Acting School
"In my acting school, they use a holistic approach and teach silambam, folk dance, yoga and fights besides acting. It helped me overcome the fear of being in front of a camera," he told the leading daily.
Apart from the lead pair, Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai also stars Arjunan, Thalaivasal Vijay, Vidyullekha Raman and Sangili Murugan, Vanitha Krishnachandran and Manoj K Jayan among others.
While Vishnu Sharma has captured the film, Thiyagarajan has edited it. Directed by Mithran Jawahar, Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai has been bankrolled by Sangili Murugan under Block Ticket Films.
After being postponed several times, Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai will finally release tomorrow (August 26) in cinema halls across Tamil Nadu. The film is expected to release in its neighbouring states as well.
"I did a cameo role as junior Prabhu in Ravi's 'Unakkum Enakkum' and a small role in 'Thirumanam Ennum Nikkah' when I was young. Editor Mohan sir is our neighbour and through him, the role landed in my lap," he told DC.
Walter Phillips will be playing the lead for the first time in Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai, which is the remake of superhit Malayalam movie Thattathin Marayathu.
On why he chose to remake Thattathin Marayathu, Walter has said, "Malayalam films are closer to reality, and the filmmakers there go for experimental genres, whereas in Tamil it is mostly a commercial cocktail."
However, he is apprehensive about possible comparison between him and Nivin Pauly, who had played the lead in the original.
"Though it is safe for me to act in a remake and debut as a soft romantic hero, there's also the danger of comparison with Nivin Pauly," he has said.
Continue reading the story in the slides above:
Also Read: Applying Eucalyptus Oil & Salt Was A Part Of Playing Ghost: Vishakha Singh