- Huma Qureshi: I Had To Give Auditions For Every Single Film I Did
- Superstar Rajinikanth Debuts On Facebook & Instagram!
- Mammootty Was Approached For The Rajinikanth Starrer Kaala!
- Kaala Teaser Is Out: Superstar Fans Are Sure To Have A Gala Time!
- HEART-WARMING! Sridevi Fasted For A Week When Rajinikanth Fell Seriously Ill In 2011
- UNBELIEVABLE! Sridevi's Confession About Getting Paid More Than Rajinikanth For The Same Film
- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi: We Were Siblings But Were Made To Do Romantic Things
Kamal Haasan was never destined to be a part of Shankar's sci-fi films that deals with futuristic humanoid robots. How else would you explain his non-participation in not just one but two of Shankar's dream projects, after being involved in both of them, only to be ousted later?
While the project (Enthiran) did not materialize after a formal photo shoot which involved Kamal Haasan and Preity Zinta, the Indian actor turned down the offer to play Rajinikanth's villain, when he was approached to play a key role in Shankar's ambitious film, second time around.
Earlier, it was speculated that Kamal refused to play the antagonist in 2.0, the role which is now being played by Akshay Kumar, as he was worried about the consequences he might face after taking up a negative character at this stage of his career.
However, the Ulaganayagan has now confirmed that the real reason behind his refusal had to do with a vow he had made many years ago, along with one of his best friends, superstar Rajinikanth.
After Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan decided to part ways (they have acted together in many movies before), they made a vow saying that if at all they decide to share screen space once again, it will be in a movie that is produced by either of the two.
According to a report, it was this vow that Haasan did not want to break when he was approached by Shankar, requesting him to take up the role of an antagonist in the upcoming film 2.0.
Once Kamal rejected the offer, Shankar had offered the same role to stars like Aamir Khan, Vikram and Arnold Schwarzenegger before it was finally lapped up by Akshay Kumar.
Also Read: 'Marudhu' Movie Review & Rating: Vishal Steals The Show!